1/72 Modeltrans Munitionschlepper I ausf A

Hi All

Latest finished model (2nd this year after not managing to finish anything for 3 years!).

This is a fairly basic resin kit and wasn't the sharpest moulding but I'm pleased to clear it off the shelf of shame.

Added a few details from the spares box (central headlight, pipe on the right hand side front plate) and scratch built a horn and tow cable as these were all missing from the kit.

Not overly happy with all the weathering as had a reaction when the pigment fixer started to strip off the shading and streaking I'd applied earlier. Had to use some heavier than intended pastel weathering to correct it.

Enjoyed painting the figure - he's my usual AB figures and I've added a cigarette from fuse wire.

Right - on to the photos

IMG_20180617_003526

IMG_20180617_003407

IMG_20180617_003414IMG_20180617_003428

IMG_20180617_003437

IMG_20180617_003459

Thanks for looking

Ben

• Like 11

48 minutes ago, Soeren said:

Very nice. Even the tiny figure. Pink bordure as crisp as on a larger figure. 

21 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Wow, that's good. The painting of the figure is exceptionally good for this scale.

Many thanks for looking in.

I really enjoy painting tiny figures and can't recommend the ab figures range highly enough.

The sculpting is excellent and the figures have loads of character for something so small.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

Wonderful job mate and as others have said - a lovely little figure.  Top tip about the fuse wire ciggy - I'll have to use that when I get a chance - maybe I could get some choirboys having a crafty fag around the back of the church :lol:

Superb attention to detail all round :goodjob: 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Wonderful job mate and as others have said - a lovely little figure.  Top tip about the fuse wire ciggy - I'll have to use that when I get a chance - maybe I could get some choirboys having a crafty fag around the back of the church :lol:

Superb attention to detail all round :goodjob: 

Many thanks Steve.

Really pleased to get another one finished, even if there's a few bits I'm not particularly happy with.

The cigarette was a right pain as it's tiny! I ended up losing about 4 before I got one to stick.

Have a few more tanks at the "nearly finished" stage so might try and get them done as feel like I'm on a bit of a roll now.

Thanks for looking in

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Wasley said:

Great little build,you kept it nice and clean,great work on the dio adds to the top quality of this build,cheers.

Many thanks for looking in.

I'm not one for the current fad of chipping paintwork, especially not in 1/72 scale.

I have faded the panzer gray with some pastels as it adds a nice chalky effect and there is a heavy coat of dust over it as I wanted it to reflect a vehicle serving in Russia during the summer so figured it would get very dusty.

There's a small amount of rusting on the exhaust heat shields as I figured the paint would burn off these and the metal would then rust over time.

Other than that the only other weathering is some fuel spills from the jerrycans.

I enjoy making the bases, the small size can be a challenge when trying to add some interesting groundwork, but in this case it worked out nicely.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Well produced little model and nicely displayed.

John. 

Many thanks John

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

Lovely model Ben and your figure painting is just amazing!   :thumbsup:

I have the Modelltrans Flakpanzer I in the stash.....I'm a bit scared of it TBH, it's just so tiny and resin's fragile and I'm cack-handed!  :shutup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Lovely model Ben and your figure painting is just amazing!   :thumbsup:

I have the Modelltrans Flakpanzer I in the stash.....I'm a bit scared of it TBH, it's just so tiny and resin's fragile and I'm cack-handed!  :shutup:

Many thanks Sarge. I really do enjoy the figure painting although think I need some new glasses as this one seemed harder than usual despite having treated myself to some really food brushes a little while back.

The kit was ok to build, a bit of cleaning up here and there but not too bad. It's a fairly soft casting so some of the details are not that sharp.

Might just be my copy but there seemed to be a fair bit missing as there was no horn, central headlight, pipe on the right of the glacis plate or the brackets for the tow cable. I added these from a mix of scratch built parts and some donated from an esci panzer I that was in the scrap box.

Think there might a tow hitch missing as well but I won't tell if you don't :coolio:

Do rather like my early war panzers as this joins a munitionspanzer 38t on the shelf and there's the munitions version of the 35t in the stash.

All the best

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 2