1/35 Mirror Models T-20 Komsomolet

4 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Yeah, maybe........not sure what the back of T-20 is like until you build more of yours......either way, a good look for this little AFV.

middle photo of my last set - it just "ends" - in essence the rear is a vertical plat the same size as the rear plate of the driver compartment... with the engine in the rear as well am just concerned it would be rear heavy (another reason I am thinking side mounted)

so 2x stuka zu fuss will be mounted (as the spares I was gifted only had 2x crates). I think side mounted with framework going over the top of the seat and a support from the center of the seat... some pics of where she is tomorrow as its moving on quite quickly now

9 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Looking good Rob.......and yeah.......titchy😊..........whats taking you so long...😜

ha limited bench time - none in the evenings at the moment... nearly a disaster as I was missing the plates that the crates mount on to (have the mounting framework) - couple of scratch built plates coming up - photos later/tomorrow

stuka zu fuss framework complete (just placed in place unitl its all done and tracks on)... wheels & tracks left then its off to the paint shop:

33845629608_aa01180d35_c.jpgIMG_20190428_160246 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

32779461437_b99ed210b2_c.jpgIMG_20190428_160309 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

32779461037_532a36ef28_c.jpgIMG_20190428_160304 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

32779460957_0f98f69be7_c.jpgIMG_20190428_160316 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, flashlight said:

Looking very good! Funny idea to give it an "Stuka zu Fuß"-outfit!

Have a nice day!

Nick

thanks.. there are a few kits out there of captured vehicles with them mounted (not sure if they are based on reality) but just wanted something different. Not sure on the paint scheme for the Stuka frame, am thinking 1941 captured vehicle so will have a look at what was happening then

Looking great all round Rob........as regards paint job, I’d go Dunkelgeb with some camo’.......not a lot of camo’ as its a small vehicle......and as it was probably captured in ‘41, and by the time they were doing bolt on’s in desperation on captured afv’s....Dunkelgelb was standard away from the original grey.

30 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Looking great all round Rob........as regards paint job, I’d go Dunkelgeb with some camo’.......not a lot of camo’ as its a small vehicle......and as it was probably captured in ‘41, and by the time they were doing bolt on’s in desperation on captured afv’s....Dunkelgelb was standard away from the original grey.

just wondered if they would go to all that trouble... how about the russian green with dunkelgelb camouflage patches - thinking they wouldn't waste time/effort to completely repaint....

13 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

just wondered if they would go to all that trouble... how about the russian green with dunkelgelb camouflage patches - thinking they wouldn't waste time/effort to completely repaint....

Hi Rob......I would say what you have there is something that would have had to be processed through workshops. These rocket launchers weren't in the field in this form (disposable crates) until later in the war 43' to 44' onwards; after all the welding etc, and knowing the Germans; they would have given it a lick of Dunkelgelb.....but keeping it in Russian green would give a certain look....with a field applied (in haste), dunkelgelb camo' lines.......still as good.

S

On 4/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob......I would say what you have there is something that would have had to be processed through workshops. These rocket launchers weren't in the field in this form (disposable crates) until later in the war 43' to 44' onwards; after all the welding etc, and knowing the Germans; they would have given it a lick of Dunkelgelb.....but keeping it in Russian green would give a certain look....with a field applied (in haste), dunkelgelb camo' lines.......still as good.

S

Perhaps the rocket mounts full dunkelgelb with the T20 body in field applied camo...

• Like 1

no progress but have just ordered primer (trying Mig 1 shot - went black and grey) and Dunkelgelb (trying Mirror Model paint) - all are "straight from bottle for spraying"

• Like 1

Oh no. Just finished main build... Which can only mean 1 thing..... Indi-link tracks start tomorrow (as does the Matilda probably to give my eyes a rest)....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

pictures once done but 1/3 of each track run done... small links but a nice fit and Tamiya extra thin doing its usual magic....

• Like 2

ok, not finished but this is where the first session leaves me.... more tomorrow I hope. Not sure how people paint track when mounted on wheels, these will be in 2 halves (top & bottom) and painted off chassis

46911414695_6e8667ccdc_c.jpg

46911414755_f050136bfe_c.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Looking good Rob........nice to see a size comparison to give a better idea if that I imagine are micro track links.......nice job so far👍

well the bottom half of the Matilda tracks are done so will take some photos later

more progress on the tracks. lower run complete on both sides... tops to follow... and one shot of relative size vs the TAS-44 I completed earlier in the year

32889758137_8dc7c1302c_c.jpg

40867062013_73ede41662_c.jpg

40867063293_9e6e184fe7_c.jpg

• Like 3