1/35 Mirror Models T-20 Komsomolet

Next build. Mirror Model T-20 (small Russian infantry carrier/artillery tractor). It will be modified - photos of a German armoured one (looks like a tracked Quad tractor) or perhaps a WHIF Katyusha or Stuka am Fuss armoed (or even more obtuse a support gun with a short barreled StuG gun mounted (dont think it is quite big enough BUT they did mount a large AT gun on it at some point 😃

photos to follow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Interesting subject Rob mind if I take a chair in the corner and follow along?

Roger

be my guest, the more the merrier

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kris B said:

Tankers (if we can call them like that) must be really brave lads to go inside it and go into the combat. . 

2 in the front - driver and gunner - and exposed seating over the engine.... scary stuff

I agree with Hamden, very interesting little AFV.....and yes as Kris said, not something I'd have wanted to dropped into......has the look of a more up-armoured Universal Carrier with the open backed seating. I'll look forward to following it along your build Rob.

Simon.

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Initial interior painting (all pieces just placed). I don't think much of this will be visible (upper hatches over the driving compartment are fairly big tho so you never know). Going to do some basic weathering over engine & front anyway just to get my eye back in to modelling:

46719566705_acb8bdb646_c.jpgIMG_20190418_101033 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

47582303302_16397400cf_c.jpgIMG_20190418_101045 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 3

Looking good... it was mostly used as an artillery tractor, And I don't think they used these in hot areas (except the ones with the Zis gun on top), but more to prepare defences... nevertheless, I wouldn't feel comfortable into or seated upon this thing.

Nice work with this one, Mirror models has nice subjects, but isn't the easiest to deal with...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silenoz said:

Looking good... it was mostly used as an artillery tractor, And I don't think they used these in hot areas (except the ones with the Zis gun on top), but more to prepare defences... nevertheless, I wouldn't feel comfortable into or seated upon this thing.

Nice work with this one, Mirror models has nice subjects, but isn't the easiest to deal with...

its tiny - i am going to take some comparison shots when it is done....

and yes, this is the 2nd Mirror Model I have built (well started) - also have the Holmes Wrecker stalled due to lack of inspiration to finish. I think this one will get harder as we go long - indi-link tracks look small for example!!!

it's so small (relative to 1/35 TAS-44M)... Interior is going together today - going to button up the engine compartment but leave hatches open for driver side...

40700785633_d48a5bfdb9_c.jpgIMG_20190422_134435 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

47667319621_740f4ded13_c.jpgIMG_20190422_134625 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 3

Bank Holiday Monday modelling... messed up a little on the engine cover - fit isn't great - but think huge Stuka am Fuss brackets & rockets will hide a multitude of sins. The 4 bogie constructions have 15 pieces each but go together quite easily:

32726140057_eda9f6d38d_c.jpgIMG_20190422_170642 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

46944756844_a4bbe5451b_c.jpgIMG_20190422_171230 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

33791400138_25d62158dc_c.jpgIMG_20190422_171238 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rogue705 said:

Rob, i'm still perplexed why you wont allow people to zoom in on your images??

you should be able to now... and mostly because my modelling skills dont really stand up to close scrutiny 😉

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob....I think this is a T-20.......could be a good look for it when finished....

skyqRPo.jpg

Yes it is. Thanks. Like the cross on the hatch inner surface... Am still tempted to lad her with 2-4 stuks zu fuss rockets tho

thats one option but the shape of the rear on the T20 doesn't quite lend itself to this configuration. Am probably going to side mount them with framework that goes up & over the seating area - not quite as boxy as:

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/STUKA-zu-FUSS-wyrzutnia-UE-sWG-40-32cm-Wk-Fl.html