Airfix 1/24 Stuka

DarthPanzer

I don't think there has been much, if any AM for the kit.

And, given the tank buster's were G models,  the Airfix is a B-2, in short, different cowling, different canopy, extended wing, slimmer smaller undercarriage legs, without getting into details....Or making the gun pods...

For clarity,  an idea of the differences

B-2

htttamiya_72_stuka_in_flight.jpg

G tank buster's

ju87g-1.jpg

I think Trumpeter are planning a D, the G evolving from the D model.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having just built a D/G i can add the different Radiator on the later models. The underwing oil-coolers. No Dive equipment on late D’s and G Tankbusters. The addition of a gunsight in the cockpit. The removal of the bomb trapeze and use of a standard bombrack. The different wing walkways of later D’s & G’s. The addition of fuselage armor around the engine & pilot for ground strafing. The addition of two 20mm’s one in each wing of the D series. The lack of any internal guns on the G tank busters due to the 3.7 cm cannons. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Have you considered 1/32 ? I think Trumpeter or Hasegawa make a G in that scale. Now that ive looked the Hasegawa kit is #8075 & Trumpeter kits #’s 03017-03018

I got 2 1/48 (Tamiya and Hasegawa) and 2 1/32 (Hasegawa and Trumpeter) in the stash!😬😬😬 I would love to have a G IN 1/24. 

Despite of my infatuation with the Stuka since I was a kid, I’m not a fried of the A. I don’t like the look of the wheels. Takes away some of the sleek look 

• Like 2

The recent Trumpeter Ju-87D-5 would presumably be a better starting point, presuming that is that Trumpeter have got the shapes somewhere near, which is never guaranteed.

Wait a little while and they may issue a G as they have done in 1/32,

Cheers,

Bill.

• Thanks 1

Hello @DarthPanzer ... check this link out. 

Post #15 will sort you out pretty good for the plane. A G-2 was essentially a D-5 air frame minus the internal wing guns. All you would need to do is scratch build the two 3.7cm guns under the wings. Or as heraldcoupe says wait for Trumpeter to do that work as well ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Boy, you don't see "Stuka" and "sleek look" together very often!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Stuka is an amazing looking aircraft for me... except for the landing gear in the A

• Like 2