Looking for references/photographs of a certain Me 262 of KG 51 (9K+LK)

Columbia20713

I'm going to be building Hobby Boss's 1/48 Me 262 kit - The aircraft I want to model is Werknummer 110836 (I believe), coded 9K+LK and was part of KG 51.  

So far, I've found conflicting evidence for what the camouflage of this particular aircraft looked like. It's in the standard RLM82/81/76 camouflage, as well as a red tail tip, but I've found some sources that depict the same aircraft while looking... varied.

This is what Hobby Boss's instructions have; (I know the label is that of a different aircraft but for some reason, Hobby Boss switched their labels on the sheet)

zhhppdc.png

The serial number on that is 110838 instead of 110836 but I'm not sure the latter exists let alone in that scheme.

Another profile I saw in a google search, I can't find what the source is though; Almost exactly the same with the HB sheet.

nfpXh9R.jpg

Then there's the information and profiles from the "Luftwaffe over Czech Territory" book. These images come from reviews by FalkeEins and Hyperscale, but looking at them shows something different:

E4TNn0l.jpg
iRudSYl.jpg

I don't have the book myself though so I can't see much from the photographs. The camouflage seems to have been oversprayed with a gray-ish color slightly darker than RLM 76, and on the profile the red portion nose seems to be a lot shorter. There are also call-outs for the engine cowlings to be left in metal which are not seen in the Hobby Boss profile.

(There also seem to be this thread that indicated that the red tail and nose was only added after capture and that beforehand, the nose and tail were black.)

From all this, there isn't much information to go on to model the aircraft. I'm not so sure of what the weathering patterns are supposed to show or what the color sprayed over the fuselage under the "L" on both sides, and the like.

If anyone has actual photos of the aircraft (unless it can't be shared, etc.) or any  further references and information for it, as well as color call-outs, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Edited by Columbia20713
title and additional information

I'd trust JaPo over Hobby Boss anyway.

A point, your thread title is very vague, if you do edit, the full edit, you can change it.

Falke Eins is a member, @FalkeEins, and we have some serious Luftwaffe researchers, @David E. Brown is very up on Me 262s, and @tango98 too.

Also, just googling me262 110836 got

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=9920

Hopefully others who know more will get notifications from the above and they'll add more

2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

I'd trust JaPo over Hobby Boss anyway.

A point, your thread title is very vague, if you do edit, the full edit, you can change it.

Falke Eins is a member, @FalkeEins, and we have some serious Luftwaffe researchers, @David E. Brown is very up on Me 262s, and @tango98 too.

Also, just googling me262 110836 got

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=9920

Hopefully others who know more will get notifications from the above and they'll add more

Thanks for the link - I didn't see it while searching but it had a lot of useful information which I added to the original post. I hope the new title is clear enough now.

• Like 1