Hi everybody

AR918

Hi all,

My name is Adrian. I have to say that this is a very smart looking forum. As a youngster I used to make a few kits with my pocket money, the first of which was a silver "brush painted" Airfix Phantom II. As with many people, I was forced to grow up at some point because being an adult is time-consuming, expensive and supposedly serious.

I've been a born again modeller for around the past year now, usually building 1/24 cars, 1/12 bikes and occasionally aeroplanes. The last kit I made was this 'naked' Porsche 993 GT2 during March:

-SGml31Ak-fN9lDr_xmzH6nu9ST-D4N-1Jae6mAI

Lots of effort was made to mask and paint the doors and bonnet in a different shade of steel but you'd never know it 😥. Anyway, hope to learn a lot from you all.

All the best,

P.S. I don't have a recent pic of myself sober, soz.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adrian, welcome to Britmodeller from Australia, I’ve recently returned to modelling as well and I’m really enjoying the hobby and this forum, I’ve had some great help, comments and advice. At the moment I am building 1/12 motorbikes and have a couple of Ducati’s on the forum, I’d love to see some of your work. You’ve done a great job on the Porsche, I’d be happy to do half as good. Regards Ian

• Thanks 1

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:52, Ian T said:

Hi Adrian, welcome to Britmodeller from Australia, I’ve recently returned to modelling as well and I’m really enjoying the hobby and this forum, I’ve had some great help, comments and advice. At the moment I am building 1/12 motorbikes and have a couple of Ducati’s on the forum, I’d love to see some of your work. You’ve done a great job on the Porsche, I’d be happy to do half as good. Regards Ian

Thanks Ian, your Ducati Desmocedici is coming along very nicely, got one myself which will be done as Troy Bayliss' bike. One project I'll be taking on sometime in the future is the Australian spec Ducati 916, the one with the big square headlamp... 🤢

All the best.

1 hour ago, AR918 said:

Thanks Ian, your Ducati Desmocedici is coming along very nicely, got one myself which will be done as Troy Bayliss' bike. One project I'll be taking on sometime in the future is the Australian spec Ducati 916, the one with the big square headlamp... 🤢

All the best.

Hi Adrian, my Desmosedici will definitely be wearing the number 12 of Troy Bayliss. Will you be modifying the Tamiya kit for the 916? At the moment I’m happy to build “out of the box”, I need to get to the point where I’m really happy with my own work before I start tweaking things.

Regards Ian

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:21, Ian T said:

Hi Adrian, my Desmosedici will definitely be wearing the number 12 of Troy Bayliss. Will you be modifying the Tamiya kit for the 916? At the moment I’m happy to build “out of the box”, I need to get to the point where I’m really happy with my own work before I start tweaking things.

Regards Ian

The 916 will need some converting, the front fairing headlamp cut-outs need to be filled and reshaped into a rectangle and the seat unit/rear subframe needs to be modified into the Biposto version... The tricky bit is finding a replacement headlamp from somewhere!

Much like yourself though, a few more OOB builds need to be done before this is attempted. 

All the best.