Hello everyone I present my stuka from the STGB. I used the old Monogram 1/48th kit repop from Revell. It represents a Stuka from Nachtschlactgruppen #9 based in Italy from March of 1944 to the end of the war. The name “Gerda” is fictitious its just there to represent the young pilots wife or sweetheart. Here is a link to the WIP. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235037785-its-a-bent-winged-bird-just-not-a-corsair/

Without further talk I present “Gerda.”

ntIrtyj.jpg

rg0MqcF.jpg

qRyRhFZ.jpg

DelyTQ7.jpg

h1kGSAY.jpg

zGzXiXh.jpg

tpDsxnD.jpg

4UsZo7p.jpg

Some closeups of the I.P. & gunsight.  

8H8uijn.jpg

19u6ccv.jpg

The exhaust detail. 

t3fEw0m.jpg

The S.D.-2 bomblets, there are 96 bomblets represented with 88 wires total. 

9UCzM0G.jpg

I hope “Gerda” meets with your approval. And as usual questions, comments, or jokes ?

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 31

I just read the WIP thread and I have to make comment on how you guys on here never cease to amaze me. The first few posts with all that armor goo and ragged cut plastic for the exhausts looked frightening to me, but from all that you create something as beautiful as this finished aircraft. I was a little disappointed not to see how you managed to paint that mirror pattern, it's beyond my comprehension to even guess.

You've created a beautiful looking model, a real pleasure to look at. I've still no idea what scale it is in though, perhaps I missed that somewhere, I couldn't even see it on the box photo unless that's a 1:48 in the bottom right corner?

Amazing work and very informative. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KelT said:

I was a little disappointed not to see how you managed to paint that mirror pattern, it's beyond my comprehension to even guess.

Thanks for the compliments ... For the Mirrorwave I painted the standard german splinter scheme. Set my decals on to that. Then spent about 90 minutes rolling Blutac worms into the wave pattern. Sprayed the custom green and done. My apologies it is the old Monogram 1/48 stuka reboxed by revell. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

Great work on an old bit of plastic. I remember it from years ago, I think it included Hans Ulrich Rudel’s machine as an option. 

Pete

Edited by Buzby061
  • Thanks 1