Planes in my Town Square!

upnorth

Hello all,

Yesterday, a small display of Czech made planes was set up on Svobody square in Brno, Czech Republic. Along with the planes were some other displays showing Czech accomplishments in aerospace fields. The display goes until this Sunday (17.6.2018)

The display is part of larger celebrations across the country marking the 100th anniversary of the founding of the old Czechoslovakia. Specifically, this display marks 100 years of Czech aviation.

Here's a few views of the planes:

The Phoenix Air U-15E Phoenix electric powered glider is a contemporary Czech ultralight design currently in production.

Qupxf7x.jpg

JJhDBQ4.jpg

The Let L-200 Morava was first flown in 1957 and a total of around 370 were made between 1957 and 1964. 

sllXR2D.jpg

yAzvL5X.jpg

This is a rare example of the L-13TJ version of the legendary Let L-13 Blaník glider, one of two Blaníks fitted with a jet engine on the back for some record setting flights.

biINwke.jpg

xajmBwN.jpg

The Zlín Z42 first flew in 1967 and was the first version of a large family of training aircraft used in several countries.

lRqyWv2.jpg

A true legend among Czech made aircraft, the Aero L-29 Delfín jet trainer first flew in 1959.

YzsOhWV.jpg

Fk9zPNq.jpg

wd9de2i.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice indeed - a Blanik and a Delfin on display, what more could you ask for?

Is the MPM shop still trading in Brno, from memory it had a great selection of stuff in there?

cheers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Very nice indeed - a Blanik and a Delfin on display, what more could you ask for?

Is the MPM shop still trading in Brno, from memory it had a great selection of stuff in there?

cheers

Yes, the MPM shop in Brno is alive and well. Which reminds me that I should pay them a visit as I haven't been there in a month or more.

21 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

I like the look of that twin!

Yes, the Morava is a beauty. It has such smooth lines that it's hard to believe it's a machine of the 1950s.

It's also one of those machines that you'll hear a fair bit before you see. It makes enough noise for a machine twice the size.