1/32 Wingnut wings Junkers DI

Hello, all -

Just completed WNW's excellent Junkers DI kit.   As John (Viking) has already said, this kit is fairly straightforward (for a WW1 aeroplane) with good fit although I did experience some minor tight fitting here and there.  John had no problems, so this was obviously me!

Regarding this particular colour/marking scheme - Wingnuts suggest black as the most likely colour for fuselage but red was also another possibility.   I therefore decided on doing a red fuselage and have have used a dark shade of red ('purple red') as my interpretation of this scheme just to be a bit different if nothing else.

Certainly a quick build (just over three weeks) as this is an uncomplicated kit to put together.   Built straight from the box and brush painted as always.

OjmLXuz.jpg

sn0Nl6Y.jpg

UOdzhM3.jpg

ST0dpSw.jpg

utNJY9G.jpg

RjVcd3U.jpg

YTJnitQ.jpg

V9FMLN9.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 18

That is an interesting colour when you are used to seeing it done in brown. It is very difficult if not impossible to discern what the colours of these aircraft where if there is no surviving examples.  No colour photos and no one left alive and the written reports of crashed aircraft that were inspected where open to interpretation  and subjectivity.   

Excellent looking build of a aircraft I like a lot.  Well done Dave. 

• Thanks 1

Cor, that's come out lovely Dave. I like the shade of red you have used, it reminds me of the colour Georg von der Marwitz's aircraft were painted in, a sort of Burgundy, as in these Jasta 30 Albatros, D.VII, and Pfalz. So I think you made a really credible choice there!

Great kit to build isn't it!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Viking said:

Cor, that's come out lovely Dave. I like the shade of red you have used, it reminds me of the colour Georg von der Marwitz's aircraft were painted in, a sort of Burgundy, as in these Jasta 30 Albatros, D.VII, and Pfalz. So I think you made a really credible choice there!

Great kit to build isn't it!

Cheers

John

Thanks, John!

I wanted to use dark red as I thought that would be a plausible possibility for particular shade of red.  I also wanted to make it look a bit different.  And yes, the burgundy red does look close (although not intentional) to jasta 30 colour.

Certainly an excellent kit from WNW as you say.

Dave

Another little gem, the more so as it was painted with a hairy stick. I too like your interpretation of the red for the fuselage. Looking at it earlier today I was most impressed by this model and surprised that you only took three weeks to complete it. Your models are all very good - this one is no exception. Congratulations.

P

• Thanks 1