What a beautiful diorama. It is very difficult to simulate water, but you have achieved it perfectly - extremely realistic. This is truly some of the best modelling I have ever seen. Congratulations Jamie and I look forward to your future projects.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2018 at 10:12 PM, Hewy said:

This made me smile, what a wonderfull display piece, gorgeous! 

Glynn 

On 6/27/2018 at 2:28 AM, Hobo said:

What a beautiful diorama. It is very difficult to simulate water, but you have achieved it perfectly - extremely realistic. This is truly some of the best modelling I have ever seen. Congratulations Jamie and I look forward to your future projects.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, Jasper dog said:

Superb, sublime, outstanding take your pick. 

Fantastic model!

Thanks a lot!! 

My main objective in this project was to make a "credible" marine scene, with transparent and realistic water. On other occasions I have seen marine scenes with opaque bases, very well painted, but that lose the main characteristic of water. With this work I wanted to show that you can do any kind of scene with water while maintaining its transparency. 

Very nice scene! Very realistic water effects! All things are beautifully made! You are a true artist! I wonder if you would like to post a kind of step by step tutorial of your sea scapes technics? I have couple of floatplanes to do & since I`m also a ship modeller, that would be very awesome!

Congrats again for your fantastic work!

Frank

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 9:56 AM, invidia said:

Fantastic looking model

On 6/30/2018 at 4:47 AM, Possibly Apocryphal said:

That's beautiful!  This is exactly what Shep Paine meant when he suggested depicting your models in their natural habitat.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:47 PM, McFly said:

Awesome work, the plane is fantastic and the water looks amazing.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:13 PM, Frank083 said:

Very nice scene! Very realistic water effects! All things are beautifully made! You are a true artist! I wonder if you would like to post a kind of step by step tutorial of your sea scapes technics? I have couple of floatplanes to do & since I`m also a ship modeller, that would be very awesome!

Congrats again for your fantastic work!

Frank

On 7/2/2018 at 4:14 PM, Unfinished project said:

Both the aircraft and the base are AMAZING. What a fantastic way to display a model.👍👍👍

19 hours ago, boom.boom said:

Pure object of art💎!

Thank you very much!!  

About to put a step by step of how I made the sea, it is complicated because I do not have many photos of the process. I only can tell you more or less the same that in the intro. I sculpted the original model in clay. Then I made a mold, that is, the negative of that model in special bicomponent silicone for molds (photo). Then, fill that mold with transparent resin lightly colored with the translucent acrylics of tamiya. It is left to dry for 24 hours and it is easily demoulded because the silicone is very flexible. Then directly i carved the resin surface to get some more details. Once finished with the shape of the water, I had to sand and polish a lot to get the transparent finish. I finish painting the crests of the waves and seascapes with acrylics mixed with gloss varnish and with the specific materials for waves (photo).

img_9904.jpg?w=800

img_3651.jpg?w=800

dsc_0262.jpg?w=800

dsc_0261.jpg?w=800

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Being a flying boat enthusiast I originally wanted to see the aircraft, however is the seascape that has stolen the show.

Congratulations simply breathtaking, I think I can almost smell the sea-air  🌊 

Cheers Pat