RF-101C Voodoo 1:72 Hasegawa

Hello mates!

363 TRW 56-0101. 39 years old, Rub n Buff n Liqua Plate (sort of S&D&A without S) and Micro Scale. The stuff is so poisonous it looks like brand new...

Cheers

Tom

rf101 DSC_0g0f64rf101 DSC_0gb064rf101 DSC_0g064rf101 DSC_0g0ggf64rf101 DSC_0064

• Like 33

Tom,

Brings back many wonderful memories of when we were stationed at Shaw AB in the late 50's- 363rd TRW RF-101's and RB-66's. Loved the 363rd markings and miss hearing the One-O-Wonders taking off all day long in afterburner...that was one LOUD airplane and shook our base housing, even though we were a mile or two from the flightline. Very  nice model, but then again, all of yours seem to be! The VooDoo was one awesome weenie cooker!

Mike 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good evening Sniffer Tom,

another o so special century fighter. Your builds are really amazing! Congratulations.

I suppose that all the dead rats piled high around the model have sheltered it from the elements, hence its pristine look. Poison is indeed the key to success!

You could try radio-active varnish too: it lasts even longer and your  models (and you of course, lucky modeler) will glow in the dark.

Think about it!

Beautiful!

JR

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jean said:

Think about it!

Thank you Jean!

Yes, i think: You are a telecinetic marvel! My first ship builds were:

USS Nautilus

USS Long Beach

USS Enterprise

all from Re-acto-vell

I couldnt do Tcherobyl because there was no kit available     :nuke:

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Tom,

Brings back many wonderful memories of when we were stationed at Shaw AB in the late 50's- 363rd TRW RF-101's and RB-66's. Loved the 363rd markings and miss hearing the One-O-Wonders taking off all day long in afterburner...that was one LOUD airplane and shook our base housing, even though we were a mile or two from the flightline. Very  nice model, but then again, all of yours seem to be! The VooDoo was one awesome weenie cooker!

Mike 

Thank you Mike!

I would like to have a time machine to hear the Voodoo! I remember the  sound of the Thuds from Bitburg, they went sometimes down to us to bomb the Siegenburg Range 20 Km from here. ( Dont tell Jean there is some minor radioactivity until now)

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/06/2018 at 18:27, jean said:

will glow in the dark

On 14/06/2018 at 18:47, replicant said:

( Dont tell Jean there is some minor radioactivity until now)

I knew thanks to telecinetics this would be no secret for long! Thank you so much and i will bring some more oldie  thuds, thunders, sabres and streaks to you, but .... after Le Mans is finished...

Cheers,

Tom

4 minutes ago, replicant said:

I knew thanks to telecinetics this would be no secret for long! Thank you so much and i will bring some more oldie  thuds, thunders, sabres and streaks to you, but .... after Le Mans is finished...

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Sniffer Tom,

all my mates around the world are non available on account of watching Le Mans!!! Am I the only one without a television in the known universe?

Let me know who wins, and eat a Rillette on my behalf!

And yes to more century beauties!

Cheers

JR

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, replicant said:

Cheers,

Tom

Oh, blast! My Corvettes did not do well at all this year! However, I did get to watch the Chaparral 2D win in person at the Nurburgring in 66, but the 2F failed to finish at LeMans in '67 when I was there. Those were the days...

Mike

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Sniffer Tom,

all my mates around the world are non available on account of watching Le Mans!!! Am I the only one without a television in the known universe?

And yes to more century beauties!

Cheers

JR

only the one of Henriette Du Mans, the best ones you will find for miles around 😂

Hello Jean, if it help, I've got a TV but never watch at it ! Just t reassure you !

On 6/16/2018 at 9:32 PM, replicant said:

Cheers,

Tom

Hello Tom,

Pristine Voodoo, so you  live near Bitburg ?

I used to go oftenly in that corner, and I must confess that I regret the NATO times...😓

I will trigger some anger from the Grüne...

So, Bitburg (Bitte ein Biss) Ramstein, Zweibrucken and Hahn really good memories !!

Well come on, the Century serie is a great bunch of chrome and flashy colors, come on chap, Can't wait to see it !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp 

• Like 2

Awesome!

Always loved the Voodoo, since building a 1/144th kit as a kid (though you can imagine what a glue bomb that would have been).

Exemplary finish and clean details - extremely good.

:clap:

On 16/06/2018 at 21:39, jean said:

14 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Oh, blast! My Corvettes did not do well at all this year!

13 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Pristine Voodoo, so you  live near Bitburg ?

Hello mates!

Thank you for your kind posts!

Jean: Toyota wins, they deserved that after the unbelievable misfortune the last years.

Mike & Jean: But i didnt like the win of the pink-Porsche-pig (the Corvettes should have made Rilettes out of that) because i am Corvette-Fan too! Must have been amazing at the Ring an LM in the 60ies Mike!!

Corsaircorp: I live near Regensburg, there is the former Siegenburg Bomb Range, Thuds came in, Super Sabres, Pantoms.... (i am too young for the Thunderjets from Fürstenfeldbruck) later even GR1 Harriers and all the german planes for bomb practising. The A-10 shot uranium rounds (it is said) so the closed down range is off limits

Cheers

Tom

DSC_3891

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, replicant said:

Mike & Jean: But i didnt like the win of the pink-Porsche-pig (the Corvettes should have made Rilettes out of that) because i am Corvette-Fan too! Must have been amazing at the Ring an LM in the 60ies Mike!!

Wow- that's a neat C7R! model! I love the Jake the Skull motif they have been using! BTW, next year's Corvette is going to be mid-engine- watch out, Ford GT's; Chevy is back! OK, enough off-topic banter- it's back to modeling!

Mike

• 8 months later...