Spitfire MK1- Tamiya - 1/48

Hi guys,

This is my first post but i visit this forum regularly to learn and see how you do things...  I just begun modelling one year ago after impulse of one of my best friends who makes stunning models and i wanted to do the same ☺️

So this is my second model i made in about 2 months... I only work with Tamiya models for the moment as i feel they are the easiest to make and paint them with a airbrush and Tamiya paint...

I try to make the best out of the chipping and the weathering but hope you guys look at this model and let me know what you think so i can learn and make my next models better and better...

( I know the kerosene cap is gone but let it fall and hope to find an other  through my friend! )

Best regards

kx7rg5z9gl6.jpg

s9rd84pfokd1.jpg

rbyoj9f.jpg

• Like 19

Great job.

I'm currently building my second model too which just happens to be the Airfix version of the Spitfire, I'll be happy if I only do half as well as you've done with this one.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to say... Welcome to BM, I'm new here too, it's a great place chock full of nice, helpful people.

Edited by KelT

Smashing job.  I’m seven or eight models ahead of you and haven’t had the cannolis to try weathering yet!  I’m happy if the finished model bears even a passing resemblance to the artwork on the box top!

Nice Spit, and welcome.

If that's your second model I'm impressed! The wear beneath the cockpit looks very realistic, although I'd say there's a little too much black on the wings from the guns.

But a superb debut!

Thanks guys, feel really welcome here on the forum!  I was a regular visitor to see how you did things and had mutch to learn but thought it would be great to show my models too.  Hope to get advice and still learn a lot so i can improve in the future!

Will be carefull with the weathering in the future but thought with a Spitfire used in the BoB the weathering could be a litte "over the top" because these airplanes flew almost every day...

👍

I wish my second attempt would have turned out as nicely as yours. Very nice Spit. I agree with your comment on Tamiya kits, they have a good buildability without having an excess parts count. Recent Airfix kits are also very good. 

Pete

• 4 weeks later...