Hey Guys,

it's been a busy week of putting all the small subassemblies together into a single unit.  I had a ton of stuff to place around the Launch Base.  And a lot of fun trying to keep calm while all the small stuff got crammed into place.  Believe it or don't, I still have a mess of items to build for this location.

kDfSCi.jpg

brCuUk.jpg

I knew when I started this it would be "interesting" to build........

GjhWBu.jpg

Then everything gets painted........

0iJcKR.jpg

6wby27.jpg

All this is installed to this location...........

fcELJL.jpg

Ht0EuL.jpg

I'm fairly happy with this so far.  I still have a bit to go before I can secure this permanently.

Leaving this for a while, I finished painting the navigation droid, and started with storage bins.

The out side bins have a frame that mounts to the fenders.  This is built and installed temp.

bWptaz.jpg

WbDezk.jpg

Building the frame for the store bins......

236ze5.jpg

jKdiCH.jpg

79gywO.jpg

Navigation Droid placed...........

dIoov0.jpg

You can see that my paint started spitting all over the place.  I didn't want to remove the paint so I'll just cover it up with dirt and weathering when I get there.

TXseRh.jpg

7qvd61.jpg

kUhLP6.jpg

I still have a ridiculous amount of items to be placed around the Launch Base yet.  Plenty more to build just for this location.

I'll be back with more of this really fun build.  Thanks All.........

• Like 11
23 minutes ago, RichO said:

I knew when I started this it would be "interesting" to build........

And it's fascinating to watch. I'm proud to have contributed the term 'Navigation droid' to the build. And really pleased that you kept it. Many Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got to echo @Pete in Lincs, with a change, my take is  "interesting build" might be the understatement of the year!  this is a remarkable build - in terms of process and content - really great stuff - and very helpful, to see your technique/fabrication/assembly. 

Cheers

Nick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This gets more awesome every time I look in!

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, RichO said:

Believe it or don't, I still have a mess of items to build for this location.

Oh, I believe it. Having followed this build from the start, I wouldn't expect anything else. Brilliant work Rich.

John.

• Thanks 1

Just caught up on your progress, and I’m very impressed. That’s one really difficult subject you have chosen for yourself but you are absolutely mastering it! 👍

• Thanks 1

You guys are really killing it with the nice comments. Thank You All.

I had a nice long weekend of build time, and, as things start to close in on the finish of this build, I find everything seems to be going faster with all the little details.

I finished several more items and I'm ready to start with the Launch Rail mini build.

I built a store cabinet that is tucked in between two fenders under the store bins. 

This is just one large container that is stuffed under here.........

GWHu9J.jpg

After that, I built the Launch Arms.  These live under the main launch rail and attach to the launch base and support and lift the launch rail when ready to fire the missile.

Launch Arm stuff........

Ujs2EU.jpg

Some tricky bends, but all worked out well in the end (ouch!)   This all attaches to the launch base here........

0w8ko2.jpg

This will rest down in the groove and support the launch rail.

Adz3kD.jpg

qasqja.jpg

Painted.........

8IwHWV.jpg

1Zjovu.jpg

I have just started with the building of the Launch Rail.  This really adds some more length to the over all size of the build.  I have started with the inside support structure and thought I should show this before I get to far along.

Launch Rail........

geOFjG.jpg

WGgm70.jpg

As you can see, The raw rail is as long as the entire build.  I have to skin this, and add all the hoses, wires, details, and support gear for the launch system.

I'll be back, hopefully with a built Launch Rail.    Until Next Time............

• Like 13
9 hours ago, RichO said:

You guys are really killing it with the nice comments.

One more blow to it :rofl::
 - the model with all of these sophisticated details looks incredibly.
I’m almost used to what you’re doing, but you still surprise me.

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

Launch rail looks good Rich.  Sometimes you do a kit an the rail would kind of fit & almost sit right.  The nice thing about building it from scratch is that the fit is just right.  I can’t imagine that everything on a truck like this was built to the finest of tolerances though & I am sure bits got reused from other vehicles too. You must have some great reference pictures to build from!

• Thanks 1

Hey Bar,    I have original Russian plans and mechanic maintenance hand books.  Also vector line drawings of all the most important parts.  Plus of course, a ton of photos.  And, I am reusing parts from other builds and scraps to add to the confusion.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey All,   A short report today.  The Launch Rail build is going smoothly enough.  I had to build this out of a crazy combo of mixed materials.  This all looks sorta wild until painted.  Not much in the way of building this, just details on a rail.

s5QVoQ.jpg

dULZ7A.jpg

uEcEwj.jpg

UzUkTh.jpg

gJYi0x.jpg

xNgEgO.jpg

It's now time to marry all this together.  The Launch Base gets mounted to the Zil carrier, and then the Launch Rail mounts to the Launch Base.  Afterwards, the hook ups between the two.  Hoses, cables, mechanicals.........

I'll be back,  with more Russian engineering, later all.........

• Like 8

I wrote earlier that what you are doing is incredible. I can only repeat that. 👍

Vytautas

P.S. I’ve also written earlier that I doubt if you’re really human. Suspicions have arisen because I think that real people are incapable of such a thing. And you know what, the suspicions remained... And with each of your posts, there are more and more of them...:rofl:

• Thanks 1

Ok everyone, I've figured out the plot for World Domination. He's building this missile in the guise of a model but when it's done he'll point it at the nearest government building and demand a transfer of power to him.

You've been rumbled, now we know the reason for such ultra detailing. 

Great work mate, keep it up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Vaastav said:

Ok everyone, I've figured out the plot for World Domination. He's building this missile in the guise of a model but when it's done he'll point it at the nearest government building and demand a transfer of power to him.

You've been rumbled, now we know the reason for such ultra detailing. 

Great work mate, keep it up

Tbh, with all the work he's put in, he deserves it..

• Like 1
15 hours ago, RichO said:

Hey All,   A short report today.  The Launch Rail build is going smoothly enough.  I had to build this out of a crazy combo of mixed materials.  This all looks sorta wild until painted.  Not much in the way of building this, just details on a rail.

It's now time to marry all this together.  The Launch Base gets mounted to the Zil carrier, and then the Launch Rail mounts to the Launch Base.  Afterwards, the hook ups between the two.  Hoses, cables, mechanicals.........

I'll be back,  with more Russian engineering, later all.........

… The foot bone's connected to the leg bone 
The leg bone's connected to the knee bone 
The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone 

Sorry that was going through my head while I read your post Rich!

• Haha 1