Eduard Fw 190 A-5 W.Nr. 410055, 2./JG 1 1:72

Hello !

Some pictures of one of my few completed kits from 2017. After it was done i was a bit disappointed by my paintjob and decaling, especially after taking photos.

After some touch ups done recently i am more pleased but still some problem areas. Hope you like it.

It is the new Eduard Fw 190 in 1:72 scale and it builds very well. Gun barrels and the pitot are from Master.

( one of the censored photos )

b5b2b4b31

• Like 31

21 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Looks absolutely supurb to me....

Thank you. if you look deeper some dots of the mottling are a bit off ( difficult in 1:72 with my vintage airbrush compressor ) and the black primer comes trough on the wing leading edges. But this is only really visible on the photos.

22 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great to see another of your builds Bernd and what a beautiful job you have made of it. Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix :) ! It seems when i have a finished kit to post here it is a Fw 190.

21 hours ago, KelT said:

Cracking job. It looks great, either you made some very impressive touch ups or you are far too hard on yourself.

Thank you. most of my touch ups were done of the fuselage sides and on the cowling. modellers are often harsh critics to them self, this helps me to build better models but i don t get me wrong i like the result

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

..lovely kit, great looking model!

Thank you very much :) Appreciated !

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good looking Focke-Wulf 👍

Thank you very much :) 

12 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely job,great work on the nose,must be the first chequered nose i've seen that wasn't on a P-51....

Thank you very much. There is a story about this markings. Very unusual to Luftwaffe aircraft the colored cowlings on the Fw 190 of JG 1 were introduced to ease re collecting the aircraft after the head on attacks against the bombers. Based in Holland the airbase came once under attack by P-47 fighters with  cowlings painted in the very same fashion ( later converted to P-51 ) The anti Aircraft gunners didn t shoot because they thought they were  own aircraft. After this the cowlings on the Fw 190 were repainted in black and white stripes.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very good looking 190!

The very subtle highlighting of the panel joints looks exactly right to my eyes.

Excellent modelling.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you very much Joachim.  I am not a real fan of too much shading especially in smaller scales.

10 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

I've one of these and I guess know it will not turn out as good as yours.

Nice job.

Thanks for commenting. Not much can go wrong, Looking forward to see yours :)

8 hours ago, F-32 said:

Great work, looks awesome!

31 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

That's a real beauty mate 😮

Great job on the camo and the checks on the nose. Is it a decal?

Really nice 190,

Cheers Greg 😉

Cheers mate ! The black ones are decals or to be precise it is a single decal that has to be wrapped around the white and yellow painted cowling. The armored ring has to be painted black as well.

This was pretty difficult because the decals are quality wise great but thin and fragile.

18 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

AMAZING build Bernd.

:yikes::worthy::yikes::worthy:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Twentecable said:

I like it alot. Great model!

Thank you. New tool 1:72 scale kits like this are really amazing.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 7:56 PM, BerndM said:

Cheers mate ! The black ones are decals or to be precise it is a single decal that has to be wrapped around the white and yellow painted cowling. The armored ring has to be painted black as well.

This was pretty difficult because the decals are quality wise great but thin and fragile.

Respect getting a superb result with the decal over the cowels. I haven't had much success in that area.

Once again great result on your Focke Wulf.

Cheers Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
  • Like 1

Hi Bernd!

Very nice build, although I must confess that your Fw 190 fleet is confusing me. Always good to see 1/72 Aircraft models from you.

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

A

n ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, GREG DESTEC said:

Respect getting a superb result with the decal over the cowels. I haven't had much success in that area.

Once again great result on your Focke Wulf.

Cheers Greg

The Eduard Fw 190 A-6 kit in 1:48 came with multible pieces for the checkers on the cowling the new kit in 1:72 came with a single piece decal wich was much more difficult to use.

The cowling declas from Eagle Strike for a P-51D went bad and into the bin after making the ICM kit to my most "doomed" kit in my box. There is also a problem with the windscreen but this is another story.

Cheers :)

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, Mario said:

Hi Bernd!

Very nice build, although I must confess that your Fw 190 fleet is confusing me. Always good to see 1/72 Aircraft models from you.

Cheers,

Mario

Hi Mario thanks for commenting. Why confusing ?

• Like 1