Airliner desk models

Hello all,

Having just had a few very pleasant flights on the Boeing 777 and 787 i've thought about adding a few 1:200 diecast airliners for my workroom. I'd like a few on the display stands but know nothing about this scale or die cast models in general.

Any suggestions as to which company would be the best to source these from?

Cheers

Dave

Why not try building your own? :winkgrin: There are some very nice 1/200 kits from Hasegawa.

The only trouble is that if you get bitten by the airliner modelling bug there is no known cure.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Why not try building your own? :winkgrin: There are some very nice 1/200 kits from Hasegawa.

The only trouble is that if you get bitten by the airliner modelling bug there is no known cure.

Had considered that :lol: but just want a couple of simple ones to add to the desk.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I would suggest Gemini Jets for 'top of the range' diecast 1/200 models. They have a large selection, but are quite pricey as all their models are limited run (as far as I'm aware). Another great alternative will be Dragon wings. Herpa is also an alternative, but they focus mainly on 1/500 models. 
For plastic desktop models, Skymarks have alot of different planes and airlines. 

Hope this helps.

Robin

• Like 1

This shop always comes up when I do an occasional google for ‘model shops’ near to me (on the off chance in a million that one actually opens rather than closes). Mail order and an actual shop!

Not my thing, so i can't really tell what they're like, sorry.

http://www.aviationretaildirect.com/

Mart

SkyMarks/Risesoon are pretty good although they're resin they are pretty well detailed and fairly light compared to diecast...JCWings also do 1/200 diecast and aren't that badly priced....

Edited by Vince1159