1 72 scale famo and gun ( I told you it was to heavy)

Silly, silly, me!

I saw the post go up but the 1/72nd tag put me off having a look (I was under time pressure and so only looked at the latest 1/35th offerings!)

Well, no time pressure today, so I had a look, and I'm glad I did!

What a superb diorama! Absolutely fantastic! The 'theme' isn't particularly original - I've seen similar - but yours is by far the best 'collapsed bridge' I've ever seen, in ANY scale! The bridge appears to have collapsed correctly, or at least, in a believable way, which is good. I wouldn't worry that the Famo is the heavier of the two components... the Famo weakened the bridge and the gun was the straw that broke the camel's back.

BTW, that water looks lovely. What product did you use and has it dried solid and hard like glass or is it more rubbery?

Again, a superb diorama. I almost don't believe it's in 1/72nd!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Silly, silly, me!

I saw the post go up but the 1/72nd tag put me off having a look (I was under time pressure and so only looked at the latest 1/35th offerings!)

Well, no time pressure today, so I had a look, and I'm glad I did!

What a superb diorama! Absolutely fantastic! The 'theme' isn't particularly original - I've seen similar - but yours is by far the best 'collapsed bridge' I've ever seen, in ANY scale! The bridge appears to have collapsed correctly, or at least, in a believable way, which is good. I wouldn't worry that the Famo is the heavier of the two components... the Famo weakened the bridge and the gun was the straw that broke the camel's back.

BTW, that water looks lovely. What product did you use and has it dried solid and hard like glass or is it more rubbery?

Again, a superb diorama. I almost don't believe it's in 1/72nd!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks for comments Badder I like your theory of  collapse .

The water is a clear resin ,nothing special and it dries like glass but need to add resin in two layers, add small amount of paint to first layer, when dry add clear layer and that way you get depth to water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazer said:

The water is a clear resin

What brand/manufacturer/product? I have a lot of resin in my earholes, but I doubt that's the right stuff. 😁

Rearguards,

Badder

8 hours ago, Badder said:

What heresy is this?  :analintruder:

Call the Inquisitors!  :pope:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Badder said:

What brand/manufacturer/product? I have a lot of resin in my earholes, but I doubt that's the right stuff. 😁

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder

The resin is water a clear polyester casting resin by EASY COMPOSITES.

Bazer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guilty too, usually don't bother with 1/72 as it's way out of my comfort or even seeing range but now I've looked, wow, another blue ribbon winner.

This is for sure a big "Ooops!!" and the driver was last seen beating it over the nearest hill.

Great work again, these guns are sure impressive and the dioramas just enhance everything. Who would believe it is 1/72 as

it looks pretty realistic to me.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1