IDF M50 Super Sherman

This is the 1/72 Trumpeter M4A3E8 HVSS kit converted with parts from the Model Miniature's M50 conversion set, plus a lot of scratch-built details and other bits including the gun barrel (but not the muzzle-brake). It took 9 days to build and complete, my build log can be viewed here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235039050-172-idf-m50-super-sherman-trumpetermodel-miniature-conversion/&

j57onLd.jpg

FesoAJ1.jpg

LGJ1ZWN.jpg

PvInbuF.jpg

DjJaiLf.jpg

HqO0Szj.jpg

kMxOHZ5.jpg

6ThntjP.jpg

yli9b4D.jpg

• Like 16

That is a stunning little thing! Great paint & weathering & the base really sets it off nicely!

I do like 'Braille Scale' armour, much prefer it to 1/35th, especially when done as well as this !

Keith

16 hours ago, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks Glatistant,

What brand conversion do you have?

I have some lovely resin castings by Friendship Models of M50 turret with white metal gun barrel,hatches and cupola rings. Also a couple of M4A1 cast hulls again by Friendship models, really nice,crisp resin moulds. I have a set of HVSS suspension,again in resin by S+S Models. So as you can imagine,along with the spares box and various Shermans by every manufacturer ever, I am like a Frankenstein! But then again it's fitting it in amongst myriad other projects such as my Japanese Special Attack Sentai aircraft, or the Ness Gun battery at Scapa Flow, or Chinooks, Austin Tillys, Byzantine Infantrymen. I could go on! Happy modelling.

4 hours ago, glatisant said:

I have some lovely resin castings by Friendship Models of M50 turret with white metal gun barrel,hatches and cupola rings. Also a couple of M4A1 cast hulls again by Friendship models, really nice,crisp resin moulds. I have a set of HVSS suspension,again in resin by S+S Models. So as you can imagine,along with the spares box and various Shermans by every manufacturer ever, I am like a Frankenstein! But then again it's fitting it in amongst myriad other projects such as my Japanese Special Attack Sentai aircraft, or the Ness Gun battery at Scapa Flow, or Chinooks, Austin Tillys, Byzantine Infantrymen. I could go on! Happy modelling.

Thanks Glatistant,

Interesting, I've never heard of Friendship Models, can you please advise a source? I look forward to your build (assuming you will be posting it here). 

On 6/26/2018 at 7:35 PM, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks Glatistant,

Interesting, I've never heard of Friendship Models, can you please advise a source? I look forward to your build (assuming you will be posting it here). 

www.friendshipmodels.org.uk. Should come up on google,or ebay.uk. A good source of stuff. As for builds it's in the pipeline!!!!

10 minutes ago, glatisant said:

www.friendshipmodels.org.uk. Should come up on google,or ebay.uk. A good source of stuff. As for builds it's in the pipeline!!!!

Thanks! Ah, yes the pipeline - for ever full!

• Like 1