Beaufighter Prototype RFI - Hasegawa Mk VI conversion 1/72

Prototypes are often the most elegant version of an aircraft, as proven here!  Even if they subsequently present nasty flaws to be ironed out, their clean, uncluttered form is as close as you can get to the true design vision.

Well worth the effort, congratulations!

• Thanks 1

What everybody else said, great look about her. 

Going up in the loft a couple of days ago, realise I must have a thing about Bristol twins, 6 Beau's, 2 Blenheim's, 2 Beaufort's and a Brigand!

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1

Superb CedB, I watched your build with much interest and I hope you are pleased with the end result; I am.

It is also nice to see a prototype of a common WWII plane rather than the usual fare, obviously more work is involved but you have tackled it with precision and accuracy.

Great job.👍.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, greggles.w said:

Prototypes are often the most elegant version of an aircraft, as proven here!  Even if they subsequently present nasty flaws to be ironed out, their clean, uncluttered form is as close as you can get to the true design vision.

Well worth the effort, congratulations!

Thanks greggles :) 

20 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

What everybody else said, great look about her. 

Going up in the loft a couple of days ago, realise I must have a thing about Bristol twins, 6 Beau's, 2 Blenheim's, 2 Beaufort's and a Brigand!

Davey.

Good news Davey, you can never have too many Bristols! :) 

13 hours ago, F-32 said:

Thanks F-32 :) 

1 hour ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Superb CedB, I watched your build with much interest and I hope you are pleased with the end result; I am.

It is also nice to see a prototype of a common WWII plane rather than the usual fare, obviously more work is involved but you have tackled it with precision and accuracy.

Great job.👍.

Thanks Gary, very kind :) 

I'm visiting the Bristol Aeroplane archives on Tuesday to see what they have on the Beaufighter - I will report back!

• Like 1

Superb.

Sadly I rarely get the time to follow or comment on WIPs so it's always a delightful surprise when something as stunning as this makes an appearance on RFI !!

Best wishes

Ian

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ian :) It's a pity you don't have more time... but that's life I guess!

Thanks Niles :) Striking indeed - once I saw the photograph I had to model it.

Thanks FAAMAN, very kind :) 

A lovely build, the model sits beautifully and looks every inch a Beau albeit the prototype, all coupled with a great NMF has produced a cracking result.

• Thanks 1