TAA Vickers Viscount Glencoe kit

Grandboof

Hello All 

Here is my promised Glencoe Viscount . It will be finished as VH-TVH of Trans Australia Airlines. Here are the in the box pics .

This will be OOB mostly . Comments always welcome. thanks for looking 

Martin H

TcymjbH.jpg

• Like 4

I've seen this kit but I've never seen it built and tbh, it's one I've avoided, which is a shame since the Viscount was the first aircraft I ever flew in, so I'm keen to see how this one turns out!

Good luck in the GB.

38 minutes ago, Wez said:

I've seen this kit but I've never seen it built and tbh, it's one I've avoided, which is a shame since the Viscount was the first aircraft I ever flew in, so I'm keen to see how this one turns out!

Good luck in the GB.

A friend built one for the Model Expo held recently in Melbourne, OZ.

He had no issues with it. Turned out rather nice: LINK

• Thanks 1

Nice choice and I too have always thought about, but never purchased this Viscount kit. That’s a nice Ansett version there Ray, although (for sentimental reasons) the TAA version would also be my pick. 

Cheers.. Dave

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

A friend built one for the Model Expo held recently in Melbourne, OZ.

He had no issues with it. Turned out rather nice: LINK

Ray,

Thanks for that link, you''ve got me wondering whether anyone does some decals for a BA Viscount circa 1975?

Evening All 

Well it is started . The cabin windows are separate pieces which made for bit of fun . Fit was good and all was fine until the carpet monster struck . Result one window MIA .Replaced with one from Clearfix . The kit still has Hawk branding on the fuselage halves . Dry fitting hasn't revealed any major problems . More soon

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

atCuxps.jpgeHueHhW.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hello All 

Firstly apologies for gap between posts Life has a way getting in the way of what is important . Anyway here is where it is at 

Fuselage together and cleaned , Now for the wings . A bit of warp problem to dealt with . Oddly the paint scheme gives VH-TVA which crashed during crew training and never entered regular service and never wore this livery. 

Thanks for dropping by  

Martin H

Vl6wD1Q.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

The wings are about as good as they are going to get . Fortunately the plastic is fairly soft and responded to clamping . Starting to look like a Viscount now . More soon . Thanks for Looking in  

Martin H

eKRP66B.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

Under Dart power now . The main windscreen would not fit so out with the Clearfix then masking , priming and colour . I am tempted to build more of these at some point. Apart from the warped wings there haven't been any major issues which given the age of the molds is a surprise , 

Thanks for looking in 

Martin H

7bLzu1v.jpg 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

Thanks for all the comments . Manged to spray some white this week and hope to start masking tomorrow . Some more soon Thanks for dropping by

Martin H

Jcmbb65.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Nice white coat there, suitably glossy. Makes me want to build a Viscount myself... and I have a couple 1/144 kits in the stash...

Thanks Giorgio

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

I have returned to this after finishing my F27 on the Airfix GB . Another coat of white has been applied ( Tamiya acrylic ) and the metal finishes by rattle can ( Tamiya natural metal silver) Should be able to get the decals on this afternoon and finish up the details tonight . The fit has been good allowing for the kits age .Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

MrdpdSX.jpg 

• Like 2