Syr Henri und der Große Grüne Drache

This one started off looking pretty bare....

a

bb

....and then experienced a rather rapid population explosion....

b

cc

e

c

f

g

h

i

All the figures are a nominal 54mm size, or in scale terms around 1:32-ish, and are either white metal kits or heavily converted and repainted metal castings.

The "large green dragon" is from the McFarlane range and the dragon eggs are the tops off two of the wife's nail polish bottles -- with an experimental paint job, involving use of lacquer thinners, that actually worked out quite well.

The basic groundwork is paper mache with some static grass and flowers added. Rocks are from the sidewalk outside our front door, and the trees are a couple of scabby old examples that were just lying around in a box.

Can't remember where the dragon's cave came from.

The demon on top of the hill wears a red top in the 7th photo down, which was added by the wonders of arcane science. Apparently she forgot to put it back on when the final photo was taken.

The Celtic Cross that the Sacrificial Virgin is chained to is a white metal accessory that came with a Pegaso kit figure I used in a different scenario.

Game old Syr Henri's surcoat and shield, and the caparison worn by his faithful warhorse, sport heraldry which is not unlike that of my own family's historic coat of arms.

😎

Cheers

H

Edited by Cadman
spellin'
  • Like 13

45 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent work on your figures and the overall display. 

6 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Come one, come all, the party is over here. :) I like that, lots happening & a nicely modelled cast of weirdos. Just like real life. ;)

Steve.

Being such a huge fan of the more gritty type of fantasy fiction, what are essentially historical figures can very easily be adapted to fit into this kind of scenario, These are intended to be a bit of fun and not to be taken just too seriously.

Glad you guys like it.

😎

Edited by Cadman
  • Like 1

Found some WIP photos of Old Syr Henri that show the heraldry I was blethering about to better effect, although I still had to add the bit & reins in the first two snaps;

a. Old Knight

b. Old Knight

c. Old Knight

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Another incredibly detailed piece of work. Well done.

Cheers Vinnie -- glad you like it.

I kicked off a new project last week and it's trundling along fine so far.

If I get the chance, I'll do a WIP thread.

Edited by Cadman
Trying to post photos