1 72 scale scratch built w w 1 paris railgun dio

My .latest scratch built 1 . 72 scale rail gun  ( not quite correct as it was only transported by rail and when it reached site it was lifted off its carriage on by crane on to its base that was sunk into ground).

my model has a carriage length of 19 inches and total length of 26 inches

A little history , the PARIS gun was converted from the w w 1 LANGER MAX gun ( that could be fired from its rail carriage) .The Paris gun was not fired from its rail carriage but moved by rail in to position then lifted by crane that was assembled and straddled the track then lowered on to its firing emplacement .
the barrel length was 34 mts and its range was 130 km,it shelled Paris at a range of 120 km.

I decided to have a dio with troops clearing trees /stumps and laying tracks for crane (see old photo).

paris gun a1 (8)

paris gun a1 (3)paris gun a1 (4)

paris gun a1 (6)

paris gun a1 (5)

paris gun a1 (10)paris gun a1 (9)paris gun a1 (11)paris gun a1 (12)paris gun a1 (13)paris gun a1 (14)paris gun a1 (15)paris gun a1 (16)paris gun a1 (17)paris gun a1 (18)

• Like 28

8 hours ago, Gorby said:

Another stunning model!

I should imagine that the crane that lifted this thing was pretty spectacular as well.

thanks for comments see photo with crane

1024px-Parisgesch1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Now that would be an exceptionally impressive dio as well.

Hint, hint...

😄 I scratch built a fries crane when building my V2 dio that was bad enough think I will pass on the one above

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Another awesome model Bazer.....I like your table too, although I did wonder why you'd put your gun on a seascape!  ;)

Great table maybe I should try some ship models😊

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Another awesome model Bazer.....I like your table too, although I did wonder why you'd put your gun on a seascape!  ;)

I thought that too for a moment!

Fantastic model of a very challenging subject. Congratulations on this achievement!

Was there a WIP?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That rippled glass table top sure does look like the gun is floating but then I thought the barge is nowhere big enough

to hold that weight and why did he put grass and railroad ballast on it?  Then reality kicked in and I realized it's sitting on a glass

table like the one in my back yard, yes I know, not quite awake yet.

Another fantastic job, especially scratch built and even more impressive that it's 1/72 scale.  How in the h$ll do you do it???

One model would be a lucky strike but you consistently turn out mini masterpieces. The mind boggles, like those little crewmen

must be about 8-10mm tall and they look perfect. Even the lettering on the carriage must be 8 point type, amazing.

The Dora was really really impressive and these others just keep getting better.  How long does it take to create a work of art like this?

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

That rippled glass table top sure does look like the gun is floating but then I thought the barge is nowhere big enough

to hold that weight and why did he put grass and railroad ballast on it?  Then reality kicked in and I realized it's sitting on a glass

table like the one in my back yard, yes I know, not quite awake yet.

Another fantastic job, especially scratch built and even more impressive that it's 1/72 scale.  How in the h$ll do you do it???

One model would be a lucky strike but you consistently turn out mini masterpieces. The mind boggles, like those little crewmen

must be about 8-10mm tall and they look perfect. Even the lettering on the carriage must be 8 point type, amazing.

The Dora was really really impressive and these others just keep getting better.  How long does it take to create a work of art like this?

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks for comments Lloyd this model took about two months working every day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Incredible work yet again. 2 months? wow.

It takes me 3 months just to make a Sherman.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder (I am retired !).

Bazer

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...