Airfix 1/48th Hurricane Mk.I, 261 Sqn, Malta 1940......FINISHED!!!!

That's turned out wonderfully well Tony.

Sorry to ask you for all your secret modelling methods, however whilst you're still up can you please advise how you achieve such subtle airframe chipping. It's most convincing to my eye.  

Cheers (and really loving this one!) .. Dave

9 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's turned out wonderfully well Tony.

Sorry to ask you for all your secret modelling methods, however whilst you're still up can you please advise how you achieve such subtle airframe chipping. It's most convincing to my eye.  

Cheers (and really loving this one!) .. Dave

Hiya Dave,..... I use a combination of dry brushed silver enamel,...... scuffed silver enamel and also for the scratches a fine silver sharpie style pen!  

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

Hiya Folks,...... I`m calling this one finished;

42902195232_73787fb84b_k.jpg11_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41141197220_77801b7cc3_k.jpg2_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41141198040_63a3b55ef9_k.jpg1a by Tony OToole, on Flickr

42951923441_1ed813930a_k.jpg1_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41141196420_6c5e15e365_k.jpg4_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

42902197982_fc5c144f1b_k.jpg1c by Tony OToole, on Flickr

42902197452_34b661d060_k.jpg3_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41141194570_2b31aaf3a1_k.jpg12_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

29078689588_3fd88d750c_k.jpgDSCF4230_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

And with my pilot awaiting a scramble and enjoying th Maltese sunshine with his parachute draped on the tail,.....during the winter the forces wore normal UK uniform in Malta;

41141195420_f31064ab5c_k.jpg9_NEW_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41141194200_4b4cddc5a2_k.jpg14_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41141195940_ad001156d3_k.jpg7_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

28082202597_769570a074_k.jpgDSCF4246_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

42902196802_57052dfadc_k.jpg6_NEW by Tony OToole, on Flickr

Sorry for so many photos,..... all the best,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 15

Really like your Hurricane :clap2:... Really like the pilot lounging while waiting to scramble. Ive got an old photo of a painting that shows a pilot sleeping under the wing an Airacobra on alert. He was apparently using it for shade. I would think Malta might be the kind of place to rest under the wing and out of the sun. 

• Like 2

Top work again Tony. The pilot and parachute add plenty to this one. Do you mind if I ask where you got them from?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Really like your Hurricane :clap2:... Really like the pilot lounging while waiting to scramble. Ive got an old photo of a painting that shows a pilot sleeping under the wing an Airacobra on alert. He was apparently using it for shade. I would think Malta might be the kind of place to rest under the wing and out of the sun. 

Cheers,..... oh yes, mid summer it is shorts and under the wing,.....but I did say that it was winter,.... so maybe a few rays were just the job? I have seen a photo of an aircraft landed in Africa with a pride of Lion`s all resting in the shade under the wings!

48 minutes ago, Col. said:

Top work again Tony. The pilot and parachute add plenty to this one. Do you mind if I ask where you got them from?

Cheers Col,..... glad you like the pilot and parachute,.....they are white metal but I`ll be buggered if I can remember who did it,..... I bought and painted it yonks ago,... sorry! 

All the best

Tony

• Like 1

This 1/48 version has really turned out a treat Tony and I hope you don't mind if I cheat and steal this particular scheme for my 1/48 kit whenever I get there?

The weathering, out of cockpit seat belts, parachute and pilot are really nice touches and rounds off what is (yet another) excellent MTO build.

Cheers and well modelled and researched... Dave  

• Like 1

Thanks everybody,..... so glad you like it and I look forward to seeing your rendition when you get around to it Dave,

All the best

Tony.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 8:59 PM, Sea said:

This is a nice Hurricane. Excellent brush painting and weathering. How did you do the exhaust stain? 

Thanks,..... I used brushed on MiG pigment powders for the exhaust staining.

On 8/2/2018 at 9:20 PM, DaveyGair said:

Top notch work as usual Tony,  you must have a huge display cabinet for all these fine models you turn out!

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,....... yes I do have quite a large cabinet,...... but it is now crammed packed full mate!!!