Hasegawa Hurricane MKII./////Finished/////////////

Hi folk's Time still for one last entry.I have a good half dozen 1/48 Hurricanes in the collection now but none of the later Mk's,picked up a couple at last week's

show for a first(for me)  go at Hasegawa's kit.I know it has issues but then don't most kit's of anything?.box art for now,update soon.

41822109585_dd9e4c11a1_o.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Hi all,mixed feeling's about this kit,love the IP,dry brushed,little detail with white paint then gloss coat dropped into the dial's look's busy enough.

41002412270_886cbed5b3_b.jpg

Not a lover of the seperate nose awful centre join that had tobe dealt with using filler.

27944055467_f10b4fbc36_b.jpg

Had toput a couple of shim's in between the nose walls and cockpit frame to get a decent join with the rear section but look's fine now.

Wing's assembled and insert's for the gun's fitted well.

41002417900_83ea5fa46c_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blitz23 said:

How do you like the kit Steve? Thinking about seeing if I can pick one up at Legends this year.

It's not bad Blitz,for a MkII you haven't a lot of choice out there and to be honest Airfix do a much better job of the Mk I (I'm building Hasegawa's in Brit's abroad)

I just think they over complicated the fuselage/nose area,never seen Italeri's to pass judgement,I got both a tenner less than normal price which helped.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

It's not bad Blitz,for a MkII you haven't a lot of choice out there and to be honest Airfix do a much better job of the Mk I (I'm building Hasegawa's in Brit's abroad)

I just think they over complicated the fuselage/nose area,never seen Italeri's to pass judgement,I got both a tenner less than normal price which helped.

Yeah I've got an Airfix mk 1 in the cabinet, always liked the later mk's though. Look forward to seeing how it turns out 👍🏻

Morning folk's,primed over the weekend and undersides painted,this morning gave the upper's a coat of gray which seem's lighter than the Spit

and Meteor already finished I'll have to look tomorrow and maybe re visit the colour!

42177932754_c245334944_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Blitz23 said:

Are you doing the one on the box Steve?

I am Blitz,the other scheme is for the "Last of the Many" which wear's no code's so is a bit dull  scheme wise,I'm not even sure she went to the RAF.

I wasn't happy with the colour I had it marked on the bottle but must have tinkered with it so redone this morning.

29044884508_313972cd3e_b.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

That looks better Steve, you have a nice build - even with the nose job!

Thank's Robert,I have to say I'm much happier with it too,and now I know the kit's little vice's Ishould find the MkI easier.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Good job steve, i really like the day fighter scheme on hurricanes, much preferred to the early green/earth colours, 

Glynn 

Many thank's Glynn,last night I thought I'd try the Hasegawa Decal's they were a bit oldlooking on the sheet but great to use,

29105721298_81b93fba5a_b.jpg

• Like 3

Morning all,well a bit of a lost week as far as thing's go I was floored by a bug for a few day's and  the heat has scuppered my loft time it's just

too hot to work up there but here's an update on the progress of the Hurricane,I got the prop painted and fitted,U/C all done and she's up on her feet.

Painted the fuselage band and just glossed for the serial so about a week for this one and all done.

41314843210_8ca056da46_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Last lap folk's,last of the decal's on,guns added and yellow leading edge painted just need's a little touch up then matt coat time.

29320419738_2739c880a1_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

She’s tuned out wonderfully well Steve - as if it wouldn’t! I do agree, the DFS really suits the Hurri. Very well modelled. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CliffB said:

Another great build Steve :goodjob:

Thank's Cliff.

7 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

She’s tuned out wonderfully well Steve - as if it wouldn’t! I do agree, the DFS really suits the Hurri. Very well modelled. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thank's Dave.popped more photo's inRFI.

33 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks great in the gallery Steve, wel done.

Thank's Robert and well done a cracking GB some superb build's made it into the gallery and I'm sure more will be completed that overan the deadline.

• Like 1