TAMIYA 1/48 SPITFIRE

Good evening everyone time for the latest build to go up.

The 1/48 Tamiya spitfire built out of the box with the exception of the seat belts which i made from some sheet plastic cut out and painted and the cable which i used fishing line.

The build is brush painted as usual with humbrol enamels.

IMG_1504

IMG_1505

IMG_1506

IMG_1507

IMG_1508

IMG_1509

IMG_1510

IMG_1511

IMG_1513

IMG_1514

IMG_1512

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work Chris I built my first Tamiya Spitfire(same boxing) last month and loved the experience,paintwork look's great and you seem to

have tamed the decal's which can sometime be a handfull from Tamiya,one small point that might get picked up was the Vb didn't have a wire

from the radio post to the tail I did the same on my first Vb!

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Excellent work Chris I built my first Tamiya Spitfire(same boxing) last month and loved the experience,paintwork look's great and you seem to

have tamed the decal's which can sometime be a handfull from Tamiya,one small point that might get picked up was the Vb didn't have a wire

from the radio post to the tail I did the same on my first Vb!

Thanks for the comment,why are Tamiya decals such hard work

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chris148 said:

Thanks for the comment,why are Tamiya decals such hard work

Thay can be hit or miss Chris, I wasn't a fan of the white disks for the roundel's,work's well when the decal's are thin but Tamiya decal's are thicker than

most then again I did the Meteor for the same GB and they were great as were a couple of Mustang's I've done.

Really neat Spit and it's hard to believe that she's brush painted. The finish looks perfect!

One of my pet nit picks – there should be no aerial wire at all on a Mk V and later marks. In the autumn of 1940, Spits changed from HF to VHF radios and the much shorter antenna needed was integral to the antenna mast. In fact, some early production runs still had the attachment points for the wire, but no wire. 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1