1/72 Esci F-8H PAF

Hi, this is my recent finished model, 1/72 F-8E converted to H. I modified the nose cone and made it more straight and added the radar blister on the vertical fin. Used acrylics paints and added very subtle panel lines. 

smwrG40.jpg

YR6leCJ.jpg

pga8aDE.jpg

F6TgZt1.jpg

oFX1qqj.jpg

F2JfEll.jpg

VyMne9x.jpg

3GuqgE8.jpg

KIyrRi2.jpg

Ki4Yii6.jpg

rG3hwIE.jpg

uAZEiLy.jpg

PleYzf0.jpg

DueX6S0.jpg

hIVRx4N.jpg

SvDIWU0.jpg

Many thanks for looking.

Edited by docipaul
  • Like 20

Hi Paul!!!

Congratulations  for this Wonderful build !!!

The homework was well done, as the reshaping of the nose and nose cone is a must for this one. Liked a lot the subdued shades of the panel  lines and really is a nice masterpiece. Hope to follow your steps soon. Was wondering which Decals have you used for this great build???

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Cheers.

Luis Alfonso 

Edited by Luis Alfonso

On 6/10/2018 at 3:39 PM, docipaul said:

Many thanks to everyone for the likes and reply. @Luis Alfonso, I print my own decals (Blue Diamond Decals) and with the help of the former pilot of this F-8, Gen Ming, I managed to pull this out. 

Hi Paul!!!

Thank you very much for your kind answer, would you be so kind to tell me how I can do to know your decals sheets available for sell, look and buy them???

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Very nice and particularly interesting for me, as I have seen this actual aircraft in service.  I was lucky enough to be able to visit Basa Air Base in the Philippines in November 1980.
I am curious to know what the 'FS' stands for on the rudder, as it didn't have that on there when I saw it?   

On 6/13/2018 at 3:21 PM, AMB said:

Very nice and particularly interesting for me, as I have seen this actual aircraft in service.  I was lucky enough to be able to visit Basa Air Base in the Philippines in November 1980.
I am curious to know what the 'FS' stands for on the rudder, as it didn't have that on there when I saw it?   

Thanks everyone. @AMB the F5 on the rudders are production numbers (F1, F2, F3...)when they are still in Vaught plant, it was removed when they were deliverded.

Awesome, love it, good job, love different stuff, and such a macho looking plane; have thought about doing a Philippines Crusader; apparently they used to intercept Soviet Tu-95 Bears