1/72 P-8 Poseidon

Vingtor

The Royal Norwegian Air Force has 5 Poseidons on order, which will be delivered in 2021-22 - about the same time that RAF will receive theirs I recon. I acquired the Welsh Models kit with the intention that if I start building it now, the model will be ready for paint and decals about the time when the first aircraft is ready for delivery.

The kit has vacuformed fuselage, with the wings, fin, engines and other parts in resin. The Welsh kit appears very nice, however upon measuring the fuselage, it appears to be 9mm short. The missing length is forward of the wing. Could I live with this? Of course not. I made a cut just forward of the wing so that parts of the extension will be covered by the resin wing fairing. I am currently rejoining the forward and rear fuselage parts.

DSF2164_adjusted_1000.jpg

DSF2167_adjusted_1000.jpg

DSF2169_adjusted_1000.jpg

P-8_4_1000.jpg

Nils

• Like 9

appears to be 9mm short. The missing length is forward of the wing. Could I live with this? Of course not. I made a cut just forward of the wing so that parts of the extension will be covered by the resin wing fairing. I am currently rejoining the forward and rear fuselage parts.

Well thats around 1.3 metres I guess that might show to be quite a significant shortcoming....I dont think that counts as rivet counting ....I shall watch with interest....wonder if the avionic is different or similar between RNoAF and the crabfats😀

Edited by junglierating

• 1 month later...

Not much modelling done this summer, I'm afraid. I must blame the high clear skies and temperatures for that - even in Norway. Much better rambling on glaciers and paddling my kayak then. I have however managed to fill the gap in the fuselage, and sanding it smooth.

P-8_5_1000.jpg

P-8_6_1000.jpg

Nils

• Like 5