Italeri AC-119K Stinger 1/72

This is my Italeri AC-119K Stinger in 1/72. This is a mid 1980's vintage kit and it shows with its raised panel lines and somewhat fuzzy detailing. It was what I consider typical Italeri with good fit in some places and lousy fit in others. But on the whole it was a fun build. The decals that came with the kit were printer by Cartograf and while nice there were a bit minimalist, and were kind old so I went with the AOA Gunships: Raining Fire (I) set, also printed by Carograf and excellent. other then that it was OOB. The Vietnam era SEA color scheme it is a pain to do all that masking, but I really like the way it looks:

vf9KpfvG_o.jpg

emdZ7QB4_o.jpg

PBsPGcee_o.jpg

Y1eiiIdV_o.jpg

tzCSjDRZ_o.jpg

ZqSzKo8v_o.jpg

It's hard to get a shot showing all the ordnance

sH43B8iw_o.jpg

81VW9dCw_o.jpg

Next up it their AC-47 Spooky

Enjoy

• Like 29

The original version of the c-119 gunship was the AC-119G Shadow, but with all the additional equipment used for convert it to a gunship it was under powered. The AC-119K had 2 J85 engines added to improve performance.

Thanks

Howard

• 1 year later...

I just spotted this thread as I'm starting on this kit after a break of about six years from modelling (amazing how persuasive being stuck at home can be). Probably not the easiest one to tackle but I figured if I screw up I won't be disappointed. I'm actually surprised how well the fuselage halves went together with all that gubbins inside!

• Thanks 1