Good evening all....

Another foggy day here in Tenerife, so I've devoted myself to go on with this ugly thing.......some progress have been achieved, but believe me, this is not a kit for beguinners....

41808843405_02f86629fc_z.jpgIMG_20180507_083846 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

28834638118_29571982f3_z.jpgIMG_20180507_083910 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

I must correct some things, and figure out how to paint the undercarriage legs, not much info about this plane out there.......

Best regards...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice work! I actually find the aircraft quite attractive.

Martian (Who thinks the Short Seamew looks cool!) 👽

• Haha 3

Well, according to an irish friend of mine wh lives here in Tenerife, "beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"......at some point, Juan decided it was a nice subject to start a scratchbuilding process.......Ok, it's up to anyone's personal taste, but IMHO, it's one of the ugliest planes I've ever seen.....and of course, a nightmare of a kit...keeping those tail booms aligned is not an easy task....

Cheers....

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Martian Hale said:

Nice work! I actually find the aircraft quite attractive.

Martian (Who thinks the Short Seamew looks cool!) 👽

I totally agree my Dear ETI

Seamew, Bison, Ripon and Barracuda...

Very special nice looking ladies Indeed !

The Frenchies did some beauties too…. seemingly.

Hello Artie, I do think or try to remember if there is a Narval at Le Bourget, not sure...

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

According to our sources, just two prototypes were built.....I'm still trying to figure out how in hell did they expected to land or take off from a carrier, with that twin tail and pusher propeller....Where did they planned to fit the arrestor hook...???????

I think it's a bizarre plane, and so I like it....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Artie said:

Well, according to an irish friend of mine wh lives here in Tenerife, "beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"......

Ah! that explains it. Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I am an arch beerholder.:beer:  I call @corsaircorp as my first witness.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Fully agree, Our Dear ETI has been knighted from the order of Rochefort, Westmaele and Chimay !!

I'll look in my docs

Must mention the Vampire who were reinforced to land on a cushion deck Without any undercarriage...

In these days they were creative 😜😜

Beerholder 🤔:drink:

Cheers :cheers:

CC

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Fully agree, Our Dear ETI has been knighted from the order of Rochefort, Westmaele and Chimay !!

I'll look in my docs

The defence rests it's case!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Artie said:

According to our sources, just two prototypes were built.....I'm still trying to figure out how in hell did they expected to land or take off from a carrier, with that twin tail and pusher propeller....Where did they planned to fit the arrestor hook...???????

I think it's a bizarre plane, and so I like it....

The OV-10 Bronco shares a similar  fuselage design. Granted the props are in different locations. It could land on carriers without arresting gear. I believe it relied upon prop reversal to slow down and stop, Much like a C-130 can. Heres one in 1991 on U.S.S. America. 

ujLexMR.jpg

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2018 at 3:48 PM, Artie said:

this ugly thing.

I think it looks like an extrovert Vampire.

11 minutes ago, Artie said:

"Two beers or not two beers..."

I'm sure I read in Leather Monthly magazine that Karl Lagerfeld now sells drinking shoes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ah well !!

Dear @Martian Hale we were not drinking beer in fact !

We did honour that great part of English literature !! Two beers or not two beers !! :rofl2:

This one will be saved for a future use !!

Cheers Artie !! :cheers:

Sincerely.

CC

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Dear @Martian Hale we were not drinking beer in fact !

Have you been on the stuff again Alain? It was most definitely beer we were drinking and the ever generous Bertrand Michelle provided in flight refuelling when we were about to run out.

Martian 👽

PS: Sorry about the thread drift Artie but EU rules state that we have to let him out now and again.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Have you been on the stuff again Alain? It was most definitely beer we were drinking and the ever generous Bertrand Michelle provided in flight refuelling when we were about to run out.

Martian 👽

PS: Sorry about the thread drift Artie but EU rules state that we have to let him out now and again.

Sure we did ! but now, thank to Artie, We can say to any detractor that we honoured the memory of William Shakesbeer !!

Look more classy ! Did'nt it ?

And to say the Truth only a Cubanisto today

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, finally had to repaint the ugly thing, after it felt from my hands, scattering around the desk......

Today, I gave an overspray with Vallejo Metal Colours, and started adding the decals......Hope you'll like it..

28588951247_8c3f69e091_c.jpgIMG-20180717-WA0037[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

28588948327_eb6bfdc22c_c.jpgIMG-20180717-WA0039[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

• Like 2