Piper Bomber - Wagner Twin Piper 1/32 Revellx2

"The THING" , "Double or Nothing" , "Piper Bomber"  , "Twin Piper" , lot of names for this unusual  brainchild of Mr. Harold Wagner of the Wagner Aircraft Co. at Troh's Skyport, Portland, Oregon., 1951.

2x  Revell  PA 18 Piper Cub , 04208 1/32 scale, with some scratchbuilding and DIY  decals and airbrushing mask making.

6j7b1Ay.jpg

7HeMEOO.jpg

eHYPU2I.jpg

KoY3BC9.jpg

9E5nDSB.jpg

O1SyYhm.jpg

OKjBbTg.jpg

T642k3V.jpg

xgFuvsh.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wow what a unique looking variant of a normal looking plane. You must have had to climb through the starboard fuselage to get into the port side ? As i dont see a door cut into the port side and pipers were right hand doors only. 

Nope, despite  it was intended to be four seater, due the increased wing loading , was used as two seater, using starboard fuselage  only .

After some 150 hours of testing, whole "thing" was dismantled and again converted to two regular Piper Cubs, PA-11 and J-3-65.

This Revell build is in fact, part of publication i work on , about  Wagner Twin Piper , with brief history of Wagner TWIN Cub, tech data, history photos,  scale drawings, paint schemes and details how to convert and build this Piper Bomber in 1/32 scale from two Revell Piper Super Cub kits. 

• Like 2

What a great job.

You've made a fantastic looking model there but it just looks plain weird. I struggled to take my eyes off that first photo it just kinda bends the mind a little, a flying push-me-pull-you almost. What an interesting subject and a great aircraft to have on display.