Airfix new Tomahawk Mk.II in 1:48

Oh my, that is just gorgeous. And it looks just like a Tomahawk, which is not half bad for such a 'fatally flawed' kit 😂🤣. But seriously, stunning finish. Eduard bits aside, is it OOB and how did you do that camera port?

Can’t come up with a superlative that hasn’t been used. Still, very impressive.  Photography also: plenty of light, no cast shadow  to speak of and an almost white background.   Care to share how it was done?

Cheers

Dennis

On 6/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, 28ZComeback said:

Habu I have heard that twice in two months. One guy in our club said the fit wasn’t great and fiddly. I think it is a better than average kit with nice detail and shape. It’s a little over-engineered for my taste but that seems to be the trend these days.

Well, here's the thing. For several years, Airfix was releasing home run kits. They were getting better and better. Then all the problems started with the parent company, and it filtered down to all their brands. And this kit was one of the results. It was a few steps back from what they've done before. This kit, the Victor kit, and the 1/48 Stuka were not even up to par to Airfix's own quality. They've since picked it back up. But after building one of these, I sold off the others I had bought. No desire to build them.

Stunning model! Beautiful finish you achieved there!

Airfix kits have come a long way during the last couple of years, they really are up there with the best again with some of their models and this one looks like one of them. Definitely on my build list as well.