Tamiya Ducati 916

Here goes with my first “Ready for Inspection” on the forum. This is my first model since returning to modelling after many (too many) years. I decided to complete the kit as I would have undertaken it many years ago, by that I mean, too quickly, not enough attention to the seam lines, brush painted (except the red which came from a rattle can), no clear coat, etc. etc. This gives me a baseline to work from and to be able to gauge any improvements on. I’ll put the next kit on the “Work in Progress” once I start.

Anyway, enough rambling, I’d appreciate any constructive comments.

https://flic.kr/p/KW6rqj

https://flic.kr/p/27ZJekS

https://flic.kr/p/26YA1YQ

https://flic.kr/p/27ZJem3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Plastheniker said:

Beautiful and very realistic model!

Thanks Jurgen, I appreciate your comment.

regards Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Nuffink wrong wiv that one, mate.  Except it's not big enough to get on!  If the one I'm working on goes a quarter as well as that I'll award myself a couple of very expensive cigars.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

Nuffink wrong wiv that one, mate.  Except it's not big enough to get on!  If the one I'm working on goes a quarter as well as that I'll award myself a couple of very expensive cigars.

Thanks Uncle Pete, I’m not sure that I’d trust myself on a full size one anymore, the reactions have slowed and the number of cars increased dramatically. I’m sure that you’ll justify those cigars, I look forward to seeing the pictures (the bike, not the cigars!!). Regards Ian

• Like 1

Very nice, clean build... I struggle to make them that good even after 20 something years ☹️

I look forward to seeing the progress on the next one!

Cheers,

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy

Very nice looking Duke,you have not blunted your skills for model build over the years,i look forward to your next project,i can relate to your missgiving for not wanting to ride a bike these days,i feel the same way,and being self employed i just can't take the risk of being injured,i can't see me bouncing back from a spill at 56,happy to build the models these days.

On 04/07/2018 at 06:14, ElectricLightAndy said:

Very nice, clean build... I struggle to make them that good even after 20 something years ☹️

I look forward to seeing the progress on the next one!

Cheers,

Andy.

Thanks for your kind comments Andy, I’ve got a Ducati Desmosedici underway in the “in progress” section of the forum, if your interested in having a look.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Very nice looking Duke,you have not blunted your skills for model build over the years,i look forward to your next project,i can relate to your missgiving for not wanting to ride a bike these days,i feel the same way,and being self employed i just can't take the risk of being injured,i can't see me bouncing back from a spill at 56,happy to build the models these days.

Thanks Lee, as noted in my last comment above, I’ve put the progress on my next build up for comments.

We don’t bounce well as we get older do we? I’ve loved riding bikes when I was younger, nothing so exotic as a Duke, now wouldn’t that be nice? Do you build bike kits yourself, if so I’d love to see some pictures, there don’t appear to be too many bike modellers out there.

Regards Ian

2 hours ago, Ian T said:

Thanks Lee, as noted in my last comment above, I’ve put the progress on my next build up for comments.

We don’t bounce well as we get older do we? I’ve loved riding bikes when I was younger, nothing so exotic as a Duke, now wouldn’t that be nice? Do you build bike kits yourself, if so I’d love to see some pictures, there don’t appear to be too many bike modellers out there.

Regards Ian

Check out my previous builds they include Kawasaki Z1 1/12,Suzuki 1100 Katana 1/12,Honda CX500 Turbo CB1100R,BMW R90S CB750 1/6,Z900A4 1/8,and my current work in progress 1972 Kawasaki H2 1/8.

So yes you could say i build the odd bike kit!