Skyvan

Orange bits painted and a few decals on - I thought it would be easier to get a few of these decals on without the tailplanes and fins getting in the way - then tailplanes and elevator attached:

Skyvan WIP

• Like 11

You're making me really want one of these now Z.... this is looking so good and we can only hope that the Skyvan is amoungst the first aircraft kits that Airfix choose to kit in their Vintage Classics range. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You're making me really want one of these now Z.... this is looking so good and we can only hope that the Skyvan is amoungst the first aircraft kits that Airfix choose to kit in their Vintage Classics range. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Thanks Dave. I'd like to make another - it's a very nice kit for its age - and I agree, it would be great to see this as part of the Vintage Classics range

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Watching this with great interest, 

mainly 'cos I'm building one on the Brits Abroad GB.

Pretty sure there's a third Skyvan build going on - also in Brits Abroad - but that one seems to have gone a bit quiet.

It's a lovely kit for its age. One thing I can't emphasise enough - put plenty of weight in the nose! I did put enough in mine, but it turns out only just enough - it became pretty finely balanced once the empennage went on, if I tip it onto its tail it'll stay there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another aircraft and kit I had no knowledge of until this excellent build - the alternative decal option has come out brilliantly.

Congratulations on a fabtastic (not a typo) build, Z. Cheers. Mike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loved it being built and love it even more finished. Well done Z, not only has this turned out wonderfully well, but you’ve convinced me to look even harder to try and source one. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...