Merlin Model Westland Wapiti

In life there comes a time when you need to check that are you mentally sound and how cool can you keep, and while making this Merlin Models Westland Wapiti I began to know I have some sanity and hair left. Took more time on rigging tho and it was fun. I am sure it is not 100% but heh anyone who could transform some pieces of plastic and have to cut a long thin plastic beam to make struts and landing gear deserved a Mug of beer lol.

DSC_5515.jpg

DSC_5517.jpg

DSC_5519.jpg

DSC_5520.jpg

DSC_5521.jpg

DSC_5523.jpg
How it came

29852578_10212225088290924_1906099774_n.

29852626_10212225089890964_1593300164_n.

• Like 21

7 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

That is a good result. Probably a far easier route than trying to hack about the old Frog Wallace.

6 hours ago, Kiwidave4 said:

Having once built a Merlin kit myself I reckon you have done well there!

Thank you Gents, really appreciate the kind words, cheers

I had one of those, but frankly preferred to drift on with may Frog Wallace conversion.  As chance happened, someone at work was looking for kits suitable for a Saudi AF Museum, so he relieved me of it.  So I can say without threat of any bias that you have done a fine job of that particular poor piece of work.

Nowadays, however, there is a far superior resin from Czechmaster, of which I have two - perhaps somewhat over-ambitiously having seen it but hey.  There is even a rumour of an injection moulded one.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great work and Bravo on the skills. 

Thank you, Sir you have kind and generous to my works, really appreciate the kind words.

24 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I had one of those, but frankly preferred to drift on with may Frog Wallace conversion.  As chance happened, someone at work was looking for kits suitable for a Saudi AF Museum, so he relieved me of it.  So I can say without threat of any bias that you have done a fine job of that particular poor piece of work.

Nowadays, however, there is a far superior resin from Czechmaster, of which I have two - perhaps somewhat over-ambitiously having seen it but hey.  There is even a rumour of an injection moulded one.

Well, Sir beggar can't be chooser, I tried to get the CMR kits for quite some time but no joy and someone offered me the Merlin Models kit and I couldn't say no to it, I love Wapiti has some attachment to it have seen the real one as well,  but sadly have to stick to my budget. If in future since you have two if you want to part a one I would be really happy to have a one.  Yes, Dorawings is coming up with 1:72 scale but that is next year also they are coming up with Wallace, however, the biggest surprise is there is 1:32 scale also coming up but that will be resin and super expensive. 
cheers.

• Like 1