Queen's Birthday Flypast over East Anglia

The Reds followed the same course as the preceding aircraft over my location, but were a few minutes behind the GR4s.

3 minutes ago, TempestModelling said:

these all went over my house, save the red arrows.... what happened to them i dont know. we got three waves

1 minute ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

The Reds followed the same course as the preceding aircraft over my location, but were a few minutes behind the GR4s.

interesting, never heard them. Maybe they joined up later to fly over london from somewhere nearer to London, not that you can get much closer to london than from where i live

Edited by TempestModelling
accidental submission before i finished writing
  • Like 1

I understand that the fixed wing elements (less the BBMF) formed up in the vicinity of Southwold and dispersed in the vicinity of RAF Cranwell.

2 minutes ago, TempestModelling said:

interesting, never heard them. Maybe they joined up later to fly over london from somewhere nearer to London, not that 

From military-airshows.co.uk:

qbf2018.jpg

I was initially excited when the BBC announced that there was going to be a fly past of 23 aircraft, but it immediately struck me that if you take away 9 for the Red Arrows and 3 for the BBMF, it doesn't leave a lot left. 

I'm hoping for a better show on the 10 the of July. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM, cngaero said:

I was initially excited when the BBC announced that there was going to be a fly past of 23 aircraft, but it immediately struck me that if you take away 9 for the Red Arrows and 3 for the BBMF, it doesn't leave a lot left. 

I'm hoping for a better show on the 10 the of July. 

From my info there will be a 100 aircraft flypast over London on the 10th July. Most of London will be shut down when they go over so a good view, depending on the weather of course, should be readily available

1 hour ago, Simon382 said:

From my info there will be a 100 aircraft flypast over London on the 10th July. Most of London will be shut down when they go over so a good view, depending on the weather of course, should be readily available

Crickey, have we got 100 aircraft? Or will the Reds go in first and rejoin at the rear of the formation? 😀

Seriously though, it will be an impressive sight, but why July 10th and not April 1st?

24 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Crickey, have we got 100 aircraft? Or will the Reds go in first and rejoin at the rear of the formation? 😀

Seriously though, it will be an impressive sight, but why July 10th and not April 1st?

It will be like the film Top Secret, they'll just have a few and fly round in big circles to look like there's lots!?! As for the date to be honest I don't know, better weather perhaps?

• Like 1