28mm Samurai (Warlord)

This is the last set of Samurai I painted to go with my Spearmen,from the Warlord games Pike & Shotte.I followed most of the colours that came on the box,I enjoyed the painting of these bright coloured figures,I have not mounted any as yet,I just blue-tacked them for photo display,I was lucky one day I was in the local pet shop and they had this Japanese house,used for a fish tank,it was so much cheaper than buying from a games shop,I took a lot of the plastic plants off,made the door bigger and add some flock grass,aslo added the front pavers.There was so much painting detail on these figures,I had to rotate them so many times,so I came up with an idea to use the ends of the plastic caps that come with gap filler sealents,I had a stack laying around the garage,but you can buy them separate very cheap,I also made a stand to place them in,I just glued a washer on top and then used blue-tack to hold the figure in place,this made a great handle and it was much easier to turn and paint the figure,will use this all the time from now on,Guess you all have your way of holding what you paint,hope I did not bore you to much.Cheers.

tn_66d4d0c2-c088-4871-9efa-6e10022a7aab.tn_2b3139e1-0219-444f-8b4d-30f8de58c996.tn_23758113-c4af-4e01-a1dc-bf8c27b26f36.tn_c193effe-67dd-4073-ad48-738acc7ce26e.tn_2ae1a079-3e76-43b1-9ecb-198e13284f34.tn_4f44dd0a-c1cd-4341-95d2-fc817c58c6cb.tn_370b1c0c-02cc-4606-b569-ec38ac399db6.tn_031be097-5b45-4aea-bcf7-09129f095fac.tn_b611b418-62a1-430c-9cbf-c1acb13f0a27.tn_8719f1c3-c7c8-4189-b87f-0568415254d0. 

• Like 6

Thanks Gorby,about my brushes,I use no particular brand of brush,sizes may range from 0 to 000,and at times anything with a point,with some of the small detail I used an old round blunt pin,hardest part was keeping the hand steady.Cheers.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

,I use no particular brand of brush,sizes may range from 0 to 000,and at times anything with a point,with some of the small detail I used an old round blunt pin,hardest part was keeping the hand steady.

That's a shame. I was hoping for a fast track 'paint like Jim' brush and now I know I'll have to do that 'practice' thing instead. :crying:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

That's a shame. I was hoping for a fast track 'paint like Jim' brush and now I know I'll have to do that 'practice' thing instead. :crying:

Yes thats right practice,practice and you will be better than Jim?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

you will be better than Jim

Yeh, like that's going to happen. :dull:

I don't want to have to put any actual effort in - I want a quick route to expertness  NOW!  :cow6:

(Note: I couldn't find an emojiwhatsit to convey the intensity of my feelings on this matter, so it will have to be a cow on a pogo-stick).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gorby said:

Yeh, like that's going to happen. :dull:

I don't want to have to put any actual effort in - I want a quick route to expertness  NOW!  :cow6:

(Note: I couldn't find an emojiwhatsit to convey the intensity of my feelings on this matter, so it will have to be a cow on a pogo-stick).

Only suggestion win the pools and get expert to paint them,Love the cow.Lucky you I click on the emoji and nothing comes up,some people have all the talent,Ha Ha,

• Haha 1