Rosebud Kitmaster 1961 Catalogue

Ebay item 202335709545. I've never seen such a complete list of these kits, and some, like the French Mountain, Canadian National, and German Baureine locos, were completely unknown to me. I know Airfix acquired the entire line some time in the mid-1960s, but some were never re-released under the Airfix label. (Note: I am not the seller and have no connection to him/her. I present these images here purely from historical interest.)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Michael,

Thanks for posting that.

I have vague memories of seeing some Kitmaster coaches in a local shop when I was younger.

The prices quoted, at a time when a bagged Airfix kit was about 1/6 would have been in Birthday money territory.

And there were always so many other things to spend it on. (Most of them had guns)

Some of the subjects were quite exotic, I wonder how many they actually sold.

I do remember seeing the Midland Pullman trains on our local lines, They seemed quite futuristic.

Interesting ! The USA Tank was never released (but Model Rail last year released a very fine RTR Model) neither was the flying scotsman, as for the other locos I've seen all those over the years and they do turn up on ebay except for one and thats the CNR 4-8-4 which is new to me and I've never seen. The mk 1 coaches turn up on Ebay but you don't often see the continental coaches. As for wagons  pretty easy to pick up.

Cheerio

Clive

Edited by Nearlymen
  • Like 1