Avia B.534 I / II Series 1/72 Eduard

Hello fellow modellers,

since we commemorate this year 100 years of establishing the Czechoslovak Air Force, I will be posting more frequently the major types serving with our air force. Recently I finished the early series Avia B.534's built from Eduard Dual Combo box. The kit is really a pleasure to build and if you can get over those heavy ribs on the wing, you can't be disappointed.

The kits represent 1st and 2nd production variant which mainly differed in armament (the latter having 4 mg's in the fuselage which became standard till 4th series) and markings are for later 1930's fighter regiments based in Olomouc (1st series, G4) and Hradec Kralove (2nd series, P6), respectively.

Cheers

Libor

40865490880_de77f6d663_o.jpg

42625669842_3103e5e98e_o.jpg

40865490650_f91e818df1_o.jpg

27805799977_38b3aa4ab0_o.jpg

42625669542_3f3ab31c35_o.jpg

27805799667_3f3ab31c35_o.jpg

42625669072_3f3ab31c35_o.jpg

• Like 39

Beautiful models of a beautiful aeroplane.  A stunning paint finish and some amazing rigging work.  The Avia would look great parked next to its contemporary, the Hawker Fury. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Libor,

Another fantastic build. I always look forward to seeing your new work. A question: how did you rig the models and what did you use for the control horns? Also, how did you create the wood grain on the props?  Will a build article appear in a future magazine or book? Thanks again for sharing your incredible work.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hobo said:

Hello Libor,

Another fantastic build. I always look forward to seeing your new work. A question: how did you rig the models and what did you use for the control horns? Also, how did you create the wood grain on the props?  Will a build article appear in a future magazine or book? Thanks again for sharing your incredible work.

Hello Hobo,

I drilled out holes for the wires in the upper wing and put them through; the painting/decaling of the upper wing surface need to be finalized afterwards. Here I used E-Z line, but I like also other elastic materials like Uschi. The turnbuckles were heat-stretched from a cotton bud stick and painted steel colour. The wood grain was normally airbrushed using dark and light brown and masked with thin strips of masking tape. These kits won't be published, but if you are interested in my rigging techniques in detail, check HERE.

Thanks everyone for comments!

Cheers

Libor

10 hours ago, Redboost said:

Hello Hobo,

I drilled out holes for the wires in the upper wing and put them through; the painting/decaling of the upper wing surface need to be finalized afterwards. Here I used E-Z line, but I like also other elastic materials like Uschi. The turnbuckles were heat-stretched from a cotton bud stick and painted steel colour. The wood grain was normally airbrushed using dark and light brown and masked with thin strips of masking tape. These kits won't be published, but if you are interested in my rigging techniques in detail, check HERE.

Thanks everyone for comments!

Cheers

Libor

Hello Libor,

I already have your Aircraft Modelling Workbench Guide, but I was just wondering if you were still using the same techniques for rigging. By the way, the AZ Model Grunau Baby IIb kit featured in your book is absolutely beautiful. Using a plotter to cut the masks, as you did with that kit, really makes masking much more easier. The CMR Scimitar was impressive also. Thanks again and I look forward to your next build.

Hello Hobo,

thanks, glad you like the GB! I have a couple of new techniques and ideas, so let’s see if an update of my book or a completely new one will materialize in near future.

Cheers

Libor