IPMS (UK) Harrier SIG

ReccePhreak

While doing research on my recently purchased Kinetic 1/48 T- Harrier kit, I have seen many references to the IPMS (UK) Harrier SIG. I tried to go to the site http://www.harriersig.org.uk/, but I get this error message:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I am a member of the IPMS (UK) Forum, and I see where they are going to have a Harrier SIG Sub-board. Is the first mentioned site going to be moved to the new sub board?

I am trying to collect all the info I will need to accurately do my T-Harrier in Royal Thai Navy markings.

Larry

35 minutes ago, 1903flight said:

All appears to be working for me - although it was slow to load some pages

That's strange. I just tried the page again, and it popped right up.

Unfortunately, on my current disability income, I can't justify the expense of joining it. :(

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

• 5 years later...
On 9/16/2023 at 6:30 PM, MigModeller said:

Please can anyone give me a link to the camouflage for the undweside of Harrier T4?

My chosen a/c is XZ146 of 233 OCU circa 1987

Thank you in anticipation

type in search; scalemates kinetic harrier t2/4, scroll down to the instruction sheet there is a colour image of the wrap eround camo scheme

Selwyn

• Like 1

I asked the same question a couple of years ago; they seem to have got rid of the webpage (costs?) and the sig secretary does not do FB!!! 

This was the response from Alfie Bass (one of the IPMS Exec members) at the time on FB:

"Alfie Bass

The SIG is still in existence, but Nick doesn't do FB. Contact is via the SIG list on the IPMS (UK) network page."

The contact page from IPMS UK (Just ignore the website link!!!)

https://ipmsuk.org/directory/harrier-sig/

MigModeller - Do you now have all the info you need for XZ146? If not drop me a PM with you email address in it stating what you need, happy to help.

The Harrier SIG does still exist, as Alfie states and as the observant at SMW last year will perhaps have seen with our large Harriers in the Roaring Forties display.  We closed the website as the increasing cost was not worth the benefit AND as no one would pick up the webmaster vacancy which arose, or had the skills or time to manage the website; they don’t update themselves you know!

In the past year we’ve helped over a dozen BM members who have contacted us for help via these forums, you just have to ask! But, I do not look at BM everyday so it may take a few days or longer to reply…

As for my not doing FB, IMHO there is so much more to life than doing FB, it’s my personal choice and I trust that folks can respect that. You’ll also have to search a lot to find any WIP or RFI threads from me here on BM; again, that’s my choice.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up on that site Neal, someone’s been busy “stealing” but they’ve made a very poor job of it

- the pdfs only display the first page

- they didn’t access any of the members only documents, the bulk of the site’s contents.

Thus this is <10% of what was on the full site. Much of what is accessible there from 2018 has been updated, so it’s a waste of time looking at it IMHO. Now whether you’d get wider access if you paid the hosting company something…, dunno. Want to try?

As I’ve said before, if folks want Harrier modelling or reference help/info, please just drop me a PM here on BM with your email address outlining the help you need. I’ll gladly reply asap, without any other cost to you than the time it takes to drop me the PM. Simples.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by NG899
  • Like 1