Dynavector DH Hornet

cynicaljohnny

The chap you want is @david collinssorry, can't edit properly, i mean  @David A Collins who is the man behind the Hornet project. He also did an excellent building the Classic Airframes kit on here.

From memory the Dynavector is considered the best overall shape wise, though may suffer from being a bit short.  

HTH

T

Damn, pics are gone,. But note the dimensions, which should let you check.  Do you have the kit, or are you researching before buying?

I have the Dynavector if you need me to check, but it elsewhere so will take a few days

Hi Troy - thanks for your reply - I already have the kit, and built it several years ago, but in the absence of a better one coming on the market, was considering giving it a bit of a revamp. Always thought it looked a little short once finished....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 9:46 AM, cynicaljohnny said:

Just curious as to how accurate a kit this is, in regards to basic dimensions. Also, if it has serious accuracy issues - how do you correct them?

Thanks in advance

Hi cynicaljonny,

I've only just seen this thread.

Can I assist you with references?

2 hours ago, cynicaljohnny said:

Sure - that would be awesome - thanks very much!

(Still hoping that Airfix will release the definitive kit at some point....)

I'd love to see them produce a new kit too. There are lots of different paint schemes, seven RAF squadrons, plus several training units, even before you add the Sea Hornet marks.

Edited by David A Collins

33 minutes ago, David A Collins said:

I have made a Hornet to represent each RAF unit so far. If I can relocate the thread, I'll add its link here if that is of use.

google "collins hornet frog britmodeller"

sadly the photos have gone.

The OP asked about the Dynavector kit,  not the Frog kit BTW.

HTH 

Hello Troy,

Thanks for the link. I'll update the photo's on that thread.

Regarding the accuracy of the Dynavector kit. If someone has one built up, I'd appreciate conferring with them on its dimensions. It "looks" ok, but have never had one to check.

HI David

The photos in this have gone as well

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983720-classic-airframes-dh-sea-hornet-nf21/

which was a superb reference with all the detail shots you posted as well as the works done.

I have both Dynavector kits  and both Classic Airframes if you want me to check any dimensions.

this will also be worth linking

as it deals with the Trumpeter kit and many aspects of Hornet detail.

Cheers

T