Tiger I engine question

Bob Henry

I am beginning a build of the Tamiya 1/48 Tiger I ( late production ). I have the Verlinden Tiger I engine drop in ( VP 2180 ). The instruction sheet shows part #5, a bunch of little tubes. However, the instruction sheet does not show where the parts are supposed to go.. Does anyone have any ideas ? I also am curious as to the painting of the engine. Should the engine block and heads be some sort of cast iron color ? Are the valve covers an aluminum color ? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.        Bob H.

This was a starting point. At least I figured out what part #5 is supposed to be. They are the little couplings for the rigid cooling lines that are located in various places in the engine bay … assuming you can figure out where the cooling lines are supposed to be run to. Now for an additional simple question. I am going to build this tank with the engine bay hatch posed in the open position. In real life it was pretty heavy. How should it be posed ? Did they use some sort of prop rod to hold it open or did they simply let it flop backwards ? Once again, any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.             Bob H.