Dornier Do 24T, Luftwaffe 3/Seenotgruppe, 1942 (Italeri 1/72)

Jaime, very nice result indeed! 

BTW - what is your oppinion on accuracy of Do 24 T by Italeri? Have you studied it? Once I've read some review which discouraged me to do model suggesting serious surgery in fuselage... But perhaps this review was wrong?

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JWM said:

Jaime, very nice result indeed! 

BTW - what is your oppinion on accuracy of Do 24 T by Italeri? Have you studied it? Once I've read some review which discouraged me to do model suggesting serious surgery in fuselage... But perhaps this review was wrong?

Regards

J-W

Hi J-W!

Thank you very much!

Regarding the accuracy of Italeri's kit, I'm no expert on the aircraft and didn't have real plans to compare the kit to. So, I can't say for sure if the kit is accurate or not. From the many pictures I've looked at, it seemed to me the shapes and many details are correct but it seems the panel lines on the kit's fuselage aren't as many as can be noticed in some pictures. Overall, I was happy with the looks of the model compared to pictures of the real thing.

I've also read some not-so-good reviews of Italeri's kit but they were reviews of the original tooling. This one is a revised tooling, upgraded to modern standards. For instance, the cockpit is completely upgraded and is very detailed out-of-the-box, as can be seen in my pictures.

In the original post, I've written my thoughts on the kit. Hope they're useful.

Cheers

Jaime

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FAAMAN said:

Brilliant finish 😍 very believable, great work all 'round, well done :clap2::clap2:

Thank you very much for your very kind words! :)

Cheers

Jaime

Hello Jaime, 

Very nice. Great detail and subtle weathering.

Joe. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fatboydim said:

Hello Jaime, 

Very nice. Great detail and subtle weathering.

Joe. 

Thank you very much, Joe! It's always great hearing from you and you're unfailingly kind in your appreciation!

Cheers

Jaime

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Unfinished project said:

Beautiful build you can see all the time and effort that’s went into this stunning aircraft. It’s actually looks like it’s been sitting in water the weathering is astounding 

Thank you very much! Much appreciated for the extremely kind comments!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs PlaStix said:

Hi Jaime, this one is amazing,   :clap: love the way you've matched the photo - you really should put it in a diorama...:thumbsup:

Hi Mrs Stix,

Thank you very much for your interest and appreciation! I'm afraid I've never tried a diorama yet. I did plan to do a vignette in a past GB: it was going to be a desert scene with an USAAF Mustang in the North Africa Campaign. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to even start but it's still in the list of future projects.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, greggles.w said:

Congratulations! A fine result for your persistent efforts.

7 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Brilliant, it was quite a journey but well worth hanging in there for, I like this a heap, the look of the beast is hugely attractive. :)

Steve.

greggles, Steve,

Thank you both for your interest and kind words!  Much appreciated! :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinSK said:

Great weathering...whole model is great and looks realistic!

Thank you very much, Martin! I'm glad you findit realistic. I'm always afraid I might have overdone the weathering on my builds.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrlx said:

Thank you very much, Martin! I'm glad you findit realistic. I'm always afraid I might have overdone the weathering on my builds.

Cheers

Jaime

Jaime this weathering is just right!

Great inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.

Martin

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MartinSK said:

Jaime this weathering is just right!

Great inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.

Martin