F-35 arrives at RAF Marham

Smudge

The RAF's first F-35 Lightnings have arrived at Marham here in Norfolk. Four aircraft I believe, in this initial delivery flight.

I am looking forward to getting over there and seeing them in action. 

Anyone else interested in these aircraft, any photo's?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

Thanks for the link. Which included a link to another site with some nice photos of the arrival of said F-35 Lightning's :)

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=163064

Those fighter control photos are rather nice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Those fighter control photos are rather nice.

13 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Yes, some very nice pictures. I like the approach and landing ones. I guess they came in with the nozzle down and did a rolling landing.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing them. Heard a few jets flying around this afternoon but couldn't see anything, just a couple of F-15's (which is nice enough). Probably won't go tomorrow as the RAF don't generally fly on a weekend :winkgrin: Maybe one day next week.

I can't believe I am saying this, but they look very smart with the solid darker grey on the upper surface. The odd one out with those zig-zag markings I'm not so keen on.

• Like 1

Here at last!  I remember the Phantom and Tornadoes looking a bit odd when the first arrived. I think they will grow on us, it's that 'change' thing isn't it?  I was not aware that F35's could land with half the airframe hanging out, keep those main oleo's charged!

• Like 2

Interesting how the number 2 jet had his nav lights set to red and green as well as strobe white. Its amusing to watch them all lined up on the pan with panels opening and closing - almost as if they're saying 'How the hell do I switch this thing off? !!' Some really good close up photos though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

Interesting how the number 2 jet had his nav lights set to red and green as well as strobe white. Its amusing to watch them all lined up on the pan with panels opening and closing - almost as if they're saying 'How the hell do I switch this thing off? !!' Some really good close up photos though

That's probably not too far from the truth. 'Hey, I wonder what this button does?...'

Regards,

Jason

White strobe day flying red strobe night ....MAA RA 2307 and no doubt other JSP ....you can read all about it on .gov.uk site.😲

Im jealous too makes me wanna dig out my ovies and flight deck helmet....😞

Edited by junglierating

Noted regarding strobes but I was talking about the nav lights, obviously optional traditional colours or white strobes and 3 out of 4 went for the whites so obviously not a hard and fast rule. Actually I am trying to find the 22 minute video - was it Channel 4? - that I found via the links above - cant find it now but some really good close up film of a lot of bits the cameraman thought interesting plus a bit of voice over for the news report. Wish I could find it again! Quite long at 22 minutes though - but well worth watching right through.

• Like 1