Isle of Man TT - Spoiler if you watch the highlights

keefr22

Not a huge fan of road bikes (well actually not of many of the riders who think they're good enough to ride superbikes at over 150 mph on public roads!) but I do love watching the guys who can actually ride hurtle around the IoM!

Just caught up with the ITV4 highlights of Tuesdays 'Superstock TT' (slightly modified showroom standard bikes on treaded tyres) race & it was one of the most incredible races I've ever seen. Peter Hickman, one of the favourites mucked up the entry to a bend on the first lap, had to take to the escape road, lost 11+ seconds on the leader & was in 9th place then started the charge back up the field. He was just in the lead at the pitstops (!) and then lost 5 seconds to the then leader with a longer stop. He then made those 5 seconds and more back to eventually win!! Well worth a  watch on the ITV hub if you haven't seen/taped the highlights!

Absolutely amazing riding!

• Like 3

All the races in this year's events have been epic with lap records tumbling all over the place. The Classic TT is also usually covered on ITV and is equally as good and the riders don't hold back on the aged and, more often than not, priceless machines. 

I take my hat off to the bravery of these guys, long may it continue.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

long may it continue.

Absolutely, I can't believe in these days of stifling H&S that it still can! Thank heavens there's still some room for personal choice & responsibility! 

Are the classic races run before or after TT week proper Mark, I've never managed to catch those on telly....

Keith

6 hours ago, willie fixit said:

morning all, if you enjoyed this, search itv player for road races,these are road races on country lanes around Ireland,enjoy

Willie

Do you mean the Norhwest 200? BBC Northern Ireland 'televise' that live online. Forgot about it this year& only caught the last couple of races. Shall have a look on catchup...