Prop & Jet Mikoyan E-8 1/72 Vacu

Really nice work. When was this kit produced and is it still available? I assume it was before Musa started using resin.

It looks a lot better shapewise than the ARTmodel version which I bought a few years ago and failed to finish.

8 minutes ago, John R said:

When was this kit produced and is it still available? I assume it was before Musa started using resin.

It looks a lot better shapewise than the ARTmodel version which I bought a few years ago and failed to finish.

I think this kit was issued in 2003

boxart.jpg?cache=cache&w=400&h=245

Initially about 40 kits were produced before the forms wore out. My kit was from the second batch - another 50-100 kits produced around 2004, all sold out many moons ago.

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

Maybe those wonderful people at Modelsvit will come to our aid ....

I doubt that. Despite what has been said here ArtModel kit is not bad at all. 

Excellent 'Ye-8' Pin - great build and superb finish.   :thumbsup:

I have one in the stash - I was planning to make it and display it alongside a Eurofighter Typhoon and a Chinese J-10 - with the caption....

"Who is copying Whom?"

Ken

• Like 1

Top work. I’m always impressed by anyone with the balls to attempt a vacform, I’m still trying to work up the courage to tackle my Airmodel Varsity.

12 hours ago, goggsy said:

I’m still trying to work up the courage to tackle my Airmodel Varsity.

Airmodel kits require the courage indeed. Prop&Jet are miles ahead in terms of moulding quality, almost as good as injection moulded, so apart from cutting the parts from the sheets the build was pretty straightforward