Airfix Tomahawk 1/48.

Hi folk's,not a planned entry it was a bargain buy for £12 at the weekend's show,I've had a go at this kit when it was new and found it a delight to build.

think aircraft of the North African campaign and the sharkmouth P-40's of 112 Sqn. alway's come to mind,the Vc's is almost finished so will start it soon.

Box art.

42577795182_8cd186da19_b.jpg

And the scheme.

41728405195_cce75b2f52_b.jpg

And in Pearl Harbour scheme.

DSCN4189_zpsv3r8rlzy.jpg

• Like 7

Morning all,a quiet few day's with not a lot done on anything but this build,I'm out of a load of paint;s etc.Anyway here's my usual "busy"

cockpit painted and detailed with masking tape harness.

42033298654_794cd72055_b.jpg

27881966247_2c65fc54e0_b.jpg

40940245500_e8fc3a7b52_b.jpg

• Like 5

Nice choice and a good start Steve.

I agree 100% that when you think of the war in the Western Desert that the sharkmouthed P-40's of 112 squadron are the first to spring to mind.

Having seen your excellent Spit Vc I'm sure this will be another cracker, and at £12 an absolute bargain.

• Like 1

Looks great Steve,...... which paint did you use for the Mid Stone mate? Was it Xtracrylic?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyot said:

Looks great Steve,...... which paint did you use for the Mid Stone mate? Was it Xtracrylic?

Cheers

Tony

Many thank's Tony,to be honest apart from a recent try of Mr.Hobby for a couple of Luftwaffe colour's and Lifecolour for the azure blue I only have

Tamiya paint's and mix my colour's to photo's,other build's etc tha base colour was desert yellow with Deck tan to tone it down.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 10:47 PM, stevej60 said:

Many thank's Tony,to be honest apart from a recent try of Mr.Hobby for a couple of Luftwaffe colour's and Lifecolour for the azure blue I only have

Tamiya paint's and mix my colour's to photo's,other build's etc tha base colour was desert yellow with Deck tan to tone it down.

In that case mate,..... you have a great eye for colour,..... it looks spot on! Looking forward to seeing this one finished,

Cheers

Tony

10 hours ago, tonyot said:

In that case mate,..... you have a great eye for colour,..... it looks spot on! Looking forward to seeing this one finished,

Cheers

Tony

Glad about that Tony as it your build's I've referenced for this and the Spit for this GB!

• Like 1

Morning folk's a bug that hit for a few day's and the heat in the loft has ground thing's to a halt but moved on the Tomahawk a bit.

41314831340_cb6ccb903f_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Evening folk's,coming to the end of this very enjoyable build just one or two little job's to do so last shot before the gallery.

42773345065_c424d1e2c9_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

Great looking model, Steve.  I've a sudden urge to get my hands on that kit now.

Many thank's Joseph,it's my second build of the kit I'd be tempted to get a third for the box top scheme but I have Trumpeter's 1/32 scale kit

in the very same sat for two years in the box I must start it one day.

• Like 1