Realign decals after set for 24 hours.

Lightning1968

Hi all,

Just wondering if i can rehydrate my decals after setting with Micro Sol 24 hours after applying.

Thought the No Step lines on top of my F6 Lightning were straight but on inspection the next day noticed they were not very straight on one wing.

Just wondered if i could soak in Micro Sol again and reposition or should i best leave well alone as i have'nt any spare.

Any help and tips would be very greatful.

Thanks,

Mark.

You can try but its a bit risky. Maybe soaking the errant area in hot water to loosen the decal will be better than Sol/Set. Sol or set will make the decal curl up and its a devil to uncurl them in water if they do come off.  I have sometimes succeeded and other times not . But do use a brush to attempt lifting them rather than a pointed knife blade or other to avoid damaging your carefully and beautifully applied paint work!!   It that fails, then all I can suggest is to remove the offending section with a piece of masking tape / sellotape tape and restore with black decal stripe of the right width. Plenty sizes available at Hannants.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Paul J

Thank you very much for your reply. I did what you said with a small flat brush and hot water and i did manage to lift the decal and move it into a better position. It did leave a couple of tiny bits of white behind but i managed to remove them and i used a fine brush to touch up some white (Grey scheme Lightning). Not the best but with a bit of weathering it should cover up the slight mistake but hardly noticeable.

Thanks again for your tip, much appreciated.

• Like 2