2001: A Space Odyssey Moebius 1/8 EVA Pod

• The Tomohawk Kid changed the title to 2001: A Space Odyssey Moebius 1/8 EVA Pod

Wow - I once got the Atomic City 1:12 pod (can find the build somewhere in the group build achive here) at a bargain price and this is alread quite big. Hope the interior is more accurate on the Moebius kit. There is some nice reference on the net on how to build a more accurate interior for the Atomic City kit but it was too much to do for me in the few months of a GB.

:popcorn:

2 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Wow - I once got the Atomic City 1:12 pod (can find the build somewhere in the group build achive here) at a bargain price and this is alread quite big. Hope the interior is more accurate on the Moebius kit. There is some nice reference on the net on how to build a more accurate interior for the Atomic City kit but it was too much to do for me in the few months of a GB.

:popcorn:

This I reckon will be about a 1/3rd bigger than the Atomic City kit.

Thomo.

14 hours ago, Neil Lambess said:

dead Poole

Although that's a bit of a grim thing, I can kind of see the appeal, but I think there's one out already:

s-l1600.jpg

Slightly different spelling however :wicked:

On a less frivolous note, that's a bit of a chunk of cash they're after. $144 will equate to £144 here, and probably add on some extra just for good measure :crying:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/06/2018 at 07:51, The Tomohawk Kid said:

The prototype courtesy of MiM.

413920963.jpg

Thomo.

Not small by any stretch :blink: I can see a bit more of the price now (unless that's a tiny hand), but the bit about the interior being designed with lighting in mind sounds interesting.  Figures would definitely bring it to life though :)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Not small by any stretch :blink: I can see a bit more of the price now (unless that's a tiny hand), but the bit about the interior being designed with lighting in mind sounds interesting.  Figures would definitely bring it to life though :)

The pre-order price is $144.

Hopefully ParaGrafix will do a lighting film set as they  did for the Atomic City/Capt Cardboard 1/12 pod, that will quite literally bring the model to life.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

On 09/06/2018 at 17:59, Mike said:

It surely would - the only thing to consider is that a seated figure will block 90% of the view from the open hatch, which would be sad considering the interior detail (which looks way better than that of Atomic City btw) 🙂

I should sell mine to start raising funds...

Maybe some standing ones - one of Keir Dullea stood up straight in a manful pose, helmet crooked in one arm as if for some publicity photos.  I tell you what, Keir is wearing damn well for his age.  I saw a video of him in 2014 with Gary Lockwood, ands while Gary looked his age (bright as a button and very funny with it), Keir made me wonder if he's got some painting in his loft somewhere :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...