1/72 P-47D Razorback

I got this kit at a vendor at the Planes of Fame airshow in Chino this year, great show. Before posting this I’ve assembled the main body and have almost finished painting but I’ve encountered some setbacks on the way.

NGIErjL.jpg

firstly is The absolutely atrocious fit of the wings which required multiple uses of the Tamiya putty. The mod says 1964 so I’m not so surprised.

9tfXmFK.jpg

ltSDbZm.jpg

The cockpit is standard ‘60s Airfix, just a seat and an endless abyss of plastic. 

Ua1RSC7.jpg

One thing thing I like about this kit is the silver plastic, which I can just scratch the paint for chipping. 

5essgUS.jpg

I’ll keep updates on the model in the coming weeks. It’s the perfect weather for outside modeling so I’ll be getting some fresh air now.😊

https://i.imgur.com/CGaHmyS.jpg

• Like 10

Good morning Oliver

I remember building this kit a long time ago and I think it has survived and hide somewhere in my parents house in Dordogne ...

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This was one of my favourite kits when I built it last century - a big tough hombre and the prop spun beautifully! Looking forward to more progress - are you doing wheels down on this one?

• Like 2

On 7/18/2018 at 8:27 AM, Ventora3300 said:

This was one of my favourite kits when I built it last century - a big tough hombre and the prop spun beautifully! Looking forward to more progress - are you doing wheels down on this one?

Yes, but it’s stalled recently because I lost the decals. Not a big deal, they were pretty yellow, and I can get plenty of Razorback decals on eBay for cheap.

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2018 at 23:26, Crossiant Oliver said:

Yes, but it’s stalled recently because I lost the decals. Not a big deal, they were pretty yellow, and I can get plenty of Razorback decals on eBay for cheap.

Just checking in to see how one of my favourite aircraft subjects is doing - did you lay your hands on a set of decals for the Thunderbolt? Cheers. Mike

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 2:40 AM, Ventora3300 said:

Just checking in to see how one of my favourite aircraft subjects is doing - did you lay your hands on a set of decals for the Thunderbolt? Cheers. Mike

I found some decals with the 1942/43 USAAF roundels, so I’m gonna make it an average Razorback from 1943 probably this weekend.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...