This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Fg47z8C.jpg

BECJvLo.jpg

Wandering around the bench just now. This is the AMT kit of the Chevy Lumina, it's molded in a pale brownish grey (not unlike RLM 02), so priming and painting is a breeze. The BIG difference between the AMT releases and the more usual Monogram / Revell NASCAR kits of the same period is the scale; 1:25 as opposed to the more usual 1:24. Hence when I apply the decals they may look a little 'out' but I'm pretty sure that I can live with that !!   As you see it here, it's wearing just one coat of Tamiya TS-26, more will follow.

More soon.

Ian.

Nice, I'd like to see how this one turns out. Good start with the white. 

I've got a soft spot for the old Lumina. I got to play with the early prototypes from GM. On top of the z-34s there was a 305 powered AWD car and an 350 rwd car. Neither of those saw production. 

Not a complicated colour scheme for this one:

WRJRHFb.jpg

no0kM8l.jpg

Zwo4B2O.jpg

Just White with a medium green (with a 'touch' of blue), so that's what I mixed with Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels. Essentially this is the paintwork for the body-shell finished, just the window seals to add later. I painted this on Friday my time, and will leave it until Sunday afternoon to dry, then brush-on a couple of coats of Kleer.

Ian.

More progress:

eH2FjEK.jpg

FlCEpxc.jpg

jZYtP3x.jpg

NqYmxiO.jpg

The cage & floor pan was assembled and primed a few months ago (I tend do that as a 'production line' building threee or four at a time). Dry fit is ok, the floor pan is as usual, too small for the bodyshell same as all AMT NASCAR kits in my experience.

AFN

Ian.

Some more progress (at last). 

S5QgAdd.jpg

JVFp9Yk.jpg

OZRDcKB.jpg

Rolling chassis all finished, next, decals !

Ian.

Decals started:

1qA0XLY.jpg

klHQtdj.jpg

MTNhExL.jpg

I've done enough NASCAR models to know that you should never try to add all the decals in one session. My way is to put all the major ones on in the first 'sitting' then seal them in the following day with 'Kleer / Future' then wait another day or so and add the rest. Absolutely no point rushing when you're on the 'White Flag Lap', right ?

Ian.

Decals finished today:

1hclr5M.jpg

8X3Mb2X.jpg

eQagPp7.jpg

Next photos will be the finished thing, hopefullly over the weekend.

AFN

Ian.

All done:

Ian.