Revell A350-900 1/144 'Skyteam' Vietnam Airlines

On 1/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

I'm a late starter to this thread but there is some great modelling going on here which has to be complemented, I do so love that Virgin A340 kicking around in the background too (I bought a stupidly expensive resin conversion set from Hannants years ago to convert the -300 up to a -600 so I really should have a go myself).

Although I have always been a bit snobby about Boeing, I do have a fond place in my heart for Airbus as I live very close to LHR and see herds of the things (big and Small) coming and going every day, BUT I really cannot get my head around the A350 which has to be the ugliest civil ever built. I just don't see how Airbus could design such an amazing new and economical piece of engineering only to make it look ugly. I wonder if they did so just to make it look obviously different from the 787. Am I missing something - is the A350's nose an aerodynamic and pioneering way forward in aircraft design?

Its great to see such talented and well made A350's though.

Very kind comments sir

I wondered that too with the A350 as the original design seemed to have a much more graceful nose not to dissimilar to the dreamliner - and the racoon mask seemed to be the crowning glory of ugliness, but as I've said previously it's gradually becoming more acceptable to me. I've often thought of doing a 747SP but I've been put off because it's such a weird looking aircraft. 

The conversion wasn't as daunting as I'd thought it would be (despite the main resin fuselage being bent), with a clean saw and a bit of sanding I found it pretty straight forward. The only pain is the lack of variety when it comes to choosing what colours to do....thats why i went with the alternative virgin colours that aren't available for the 600. 

Phil